ATTENTION IB REPS: be it resolved that margin is too low

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by The Gambler, May 10, 2006.

1. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Well, two examples (mine and yours) do not make for anything more than a coincidence, but it seems that weird things happen in the Forex market outside of the currency's peak trading times - times when these markets are less liquid.

I've had no problems trading EUR/USD during its most liquid and active time - 07:00 to 13:00 GMT-5. I know that GBP/USD shares the same active and liquid time.

#21     May 10, 2006
  2. He'd be the first clown to start a thread to bitch about IB when he blows-up at 100:1. One more thing: Gambler, fix the moronic subject line... margin is too high, not low. You're referring to leverage.

#22     May 10, 2006
  3. I wonder why IB says they can't afford higher leverage than 50:1 for spot forex, while they offer much higher leverage for currency futures.

#23     May 10, 2006
  4. pcvix

pcvix

ROFL...

#24     May 10, 2006
  5. prolly cuz fx spot is populated by degenerates punters, innit[?] clear signs of dementia precocis all over thier posts.

#25     May 10, 2006
  6. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Well, overnight margin for currencies reverts to exchange minimums. Day trade margins are 50%. I think that has a lot to do with CME's trade bust policy and centralized clearing. That reduces risk for IB. Where as in Spot FOREX, trade bust policies will be with the individual liquidity provider (bank, etc) and there is no centralized clearing.

#26     May 10, 2006
  7. "He'd be the first clown to start a thread to bitch about IB when he blows-up at 100:1. One more thing: Gambler, fix the moronic subject line... margin is too high, not low. You're referring to leverage."

GRRRR! You may call me a moron because the title is stupid. But I am not a clown and I don't blow up my accounts

This thread went in an interesting direction, I must say

#27     May 10, 2006
  8. No, I stated the subject-line was moronic. Whether you're a moron is open to interpretation.

#28     May 10, 2006
  9. pcvix

pcvix

More ROFL...

#29     May 10, 2006
  10. More ROFL at my expense? More grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

#30     May 10, 2006