Attack on Savage proof that all the $$$ for Autism is a scam

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stock777, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Um, dumbass, here is what the Savage Weiner said:

"Now, the illness du jour is autism. You know what autism is? I'll tell you what autism is. In 99 percent of the cases, it's a brat who hasn't been told to cut the act out. That's what autism is."

It is pretty clear that he is saying that only 1 percent (100-99) of the cases are real, and that the other 99 percent is about a brat who cannot behave.

He simply does not know what he is talking about. He is ignorant, as are his listeners.

As for balls, Savage has none. That is why he goes on the radio and not face to face. Simply put, he is a gutless coward. The same goes for losers like you who go on message boards and attack those who support the disabled.
    Yes, keep hiding behind your keyboard, Mighty Mouse.

Often I take my son out in public, and occasionally he has meltdowns. 99% of the time I get stares, as if it is my fault; yet rarely has anyone offered to help I would love for just one of your kind to come up to my face and say what you said here. But they don't, because they are cowards.

#31     Jul 27, 2008
  2. Clearly you do not know what the diagnosis of autism does for the child and family. It is the LAST thing a parent wants to hear.

Once a child is diagnosed with autism, the family has to deal with a lifelong struggle to have their child get basic services that other children get without any difficulty. The state does provide additional money for school districts to educate special needs children, but usually school districts take the additional money to spend on others and then provide sub-standard education for the special needs students.

Case in point. My son was assaulted by his teacher who was unqualified to be in a special needs classroom (the act was witnessed by a teacher's aide). We took her to court, and she was found guilty. In another class, the teacher quit during Christmas break, and the class did not have a teacher for the rest of the year. They showed TV instead, which actually does much more harm than good.

Government handouts? When I get some, I'll let you know.

#32     Jul 27, 2008
  3. Case in point. My son was assaulted by his teacher who was unqualified to be in a special needs classroom (the act was witnessed by a teacher's aide). We took her to court, and she was found guilty. In another class, the teacher quit during Christmas break, and the class did not have a teacher for the rest of the year. They showed TV instead, which actually does much more harm than good.

----------------------------------

It is a good case in point. Obviously I don't know the details, but if we sue the teacher, replacements are not going to line up to take the job.

"I would love for just one of your kind to come up to my face and say what you said here. But they don't, because they are cowards."

People don't because they are polite.

#33     Jul 27, 2008
  4. Smilingsynic, this is what the mother of the boy I know with autism does . Her son has meltdowns too in public sometimes. She had cards made to hand to people who become upset with her and her son in public because they think she is bad mom, and he is being a bad child. Instead of explaining herself over and over, she hands a small card to them explaining to please understand her son has autism, and he is not misbehaving. Many people will not judge so harshly when they understand.

#34     Jul 27, 2008
  5. Very interesting idea. Thanks for the contribution! :)

#35     Jul 27, 2008
  6. Good points. We did not sue the teacher, or the school. The teacher spent around 20K (our estimation) on lawyer's fees and such, and was fired from her job, so she paid for her crime . Suing her would have only kept the issue fresh in my son's mind. We decided to move on.

We did talk to a lawyer about the school. The lawyer's son is himself disabled, so the lawyer knows full well the problems with the local school district. The lawyer said that if we sued, we would likely win, but the district would likely take out its anger on my other two children, who are not disabled.

After much thought, we decided not to sue. For one thing, I am not litigious. Second, I don't want any money or handouts, just fair treatment for my children. Third, the school did end up removing the teacher/predator from the classroom. Fourth, my other two children are gifted, and I don't want past problems interfering with their future development.

I have contacts, though, in the school district who will inform me if the fired teacher reapplies for a job. If that happens, I will make another appointment with the district superintendent. One year I had heard that she applied for a position at a local elementary school. I printed up copies of the newspaper article about the crime and brought those to the school's open house to give to the parents, just in case they hired her. Thankfully, she did not get the job.

People are polite in public, but what they do behind closed doors on online message boards is often an entirely different story.

Thanks for your contributions. :)

#36     Jul 27, 2008
  7. No offense meant to anyone with children of autism. My point was in wrong diagnosis or hasty diagnosis from some doctors. I was not accusing parents of looking for handouts, smilingsynic. So again, no offense to you.

#37     Jul 27, 2008
  8. trendo

trendo

What do you want people to do so they can help you?

#38     Jul 29, 2008