Attack on Savage proof that all the $$$ for Autism is a scam

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stock777, Jul 24, 2008.

1. If these people were busy tending to their supposedly afflicted childred, they would not have all this time to rant and rave and picket and slander.

All this fake outrage is that of people out to game the system.

2. Glad no one here cares about this.

3. Oh, I care, but I consider anyone who thinks that autism is a scam to be an idiot hopelessly immune to reason.

As for Michael Weiner, aka "Savage", I consider him to be a loser and a coward. He is a failed academic who, unable to obtain a position in his chosen field, has decided instead to rant and rave (as a successful academic and trader, I know the type).

By choosing to make autism an issue, he has now decided to pick on the disabled. I surmise that his next attacks on the radio will be on those with other neurological disorders such as Parkinson's ("Stop shaking, will you, Michael J. Fox"), those with Alzheimer's ("What do you mean, you don't remember, grandma?"), and those with Down's syndrome ("Those people look funny.").

As a father of a nine-year old autistic child, I can assure you that it is not a scam. It is hard enough being a parent already without some clueless moron like Savage giving his jabroni listeners another reason to pick on my child for the fact that he was born the way he is.

4. "By choosing to make autism an issue, he has now decided to pick on the disabled. I surmise that his next attacks on the radio will be on those with other neurological disorders such as Parkinson's ("Stop shaking, will you, Michael J. Fox")"

Actually Rush Limbaugh already mocked Michael J. Fox on the air. Even mocked his movements. You can find the video on Youtube.

Real prizes.

5. Yes, I know. That's part of the reason why I mentioned it. That's talk radio.

Russell Kirk once wrote a book called THE CONSERVATIVE MIND. People like Weiner Savage and Limbaugh affirm that that book title was an oxymoron.

6. Perfectly valid opinion. The one common denominator is: these people all feel varying degrees of anger and take it out on society. We need to throw the dog a bone every once in a while to show we care, they are not alone, "you are somebody".

7. Nut:

"Perfectly valid opinion. The one common denominator is: these people all feel varying degrees of anger and take it out on society. We need to throw the dog a bone every once in a while to show we care, they are not alone, "you are somebody".

Like the other guy said -- are you referring to the mentally ill and his angry post above?

8. Mercor

Mercor

I still don't understand how suddenly the decleared cases of autism skyrocketed in a short period of time.

It seems fishy. Read somewhere it opened the door for more lawsuits also opened more funding for public schools.

9. Vaccines. Or there's something in the food supply.

10. Years ago, many were misdiagnosed and given general labels such as "mentally retarded". Indeed, a recent biographer of Albert Einstein, Michael Fitzgerald, notes that he was likely a high-functioning autistic. He had the personality characteristics, in the least (as did Newton). However, a teacher regarded him as an "idiot" who would never amount to anything.

As we have learned more about autism, children are getting care earlier in life. Early prevention actually saves money in the long run, since fewer need to be institutionalized because they can become mainstreamed. Autism is not a static disorder.

#10     Jul 26, 2008