Attack on ET members beware

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Samson77, May 11, 2004.

1. Cutten

Cutten

Who's more foolish, a fool or a wise man who argues with one? :D

#11     May 11, 2004
  2. Great post Nihaba - I always enjoy what you have to say.

However it is a bit sad -- as your post illustrates these are
    lessons that should be learned in childhood.

Aging is mandatory. Growth is optional.

JT

#12     May 11, 2004
  3. does it matter both are sufficiently foolish :D

#13     May 11, 2004
  4. Nihabashi

I understand your points but I am not talking about simple name calling and points of opinion.

This is a forum of many people and we will never agree on anything the same way.

I am more concerned with out and out bashing for no legitimate reasoning.

Even in traderBAD's case I thought it was a bit to much.

Just try this next time you see it going on.

Search the records and previous posts of those doing it and you will find amazing patterns of exactly the same behavior.

The other day when I was being attacked for NO reason at all I searched the history of the attackers and found that on the same day they were bashing Harrytrader and Ice with the same kind of stupidity.

I'm sticking to my guns on this one I believe ET is being ruined on purpose and with malice by someone or some company with an destructive motive.

I for one can tell you I will not stay if this environment continues and I know for a fact that MANY others have left for the same reasons.

Some may say that is fine but it will be to bad because we all have much to learn from each other.

#14     May 11, 2004
  5. paranoia: a tendency on the part of an individual toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others

:D

#15     May 11, 2004
  6. instigate: 1. To urge on; goad. 2. To stir up.

:D

#16     May 11, 2004
  7. LMAO :p

#17     May 11, 2004
  8. i have often wondered if TradeRx wasnt Baron in disguise.. it would be a great way to keep things from getting too boring :)

-qwik

#18     May 11, 2004
  9. i believe that the personal attacks that go on here are way out of line. for instance the traderbrad fiasco: he was exposed as being a liar and a fraud. that was his fault. but the personal attacks against ET members that only give personal opinions is wrong.

we are supposed to be a community of traders not disgruntle folk with an axe to grind.

#19     May 11, 2004
  10. If I were running a competing site to EliteTrader I could have a really nice time trying to ruin perhaps one of the best trader-talk sites on the net.

Not trying to be paranoid - just talking (tough) business.

If there isn't already some sorts of scanning of similar ip's and various nicknames coupled with excessive abuse or rabid behaviour, this site's owner really isn't protecting his investment of time and money.

Not that it would be easy to hinder anyone in spoiling the fun on this site, but it certainly pays to be aware.
    I think we've seen some more frequent moderator activity as of late, so something is being done - it's really up to the forum participants to show their opinion about excessive abuse too.

I suggest the following:
    pre-made ignore-lists - automatically updated by (a) certifiably sane moderator(s)

These could perhaps be tuned into various "topics" of "uselessness" that one would like to avoid.
    This would greatly enhance the usefulness of this site.

Another solution is similar to scoring system like those on slashdot.org etc. where you get points and bonus point for usefulness, insightful, funny etc. Then threads are automatically "moderated" by only viewing the interesting parts to the reader.

That takes the fun out of being abusive - perhaps even a scoring system on how many views a single post has too would discourage some from continuing their rant. Perhaps even a public ignore count too - just for when one want to have some fun looking at the losers.

You hear, Baron, there are still things you can do to curb this bad influx and improve this site. Include some rating and classification system.

I'm not sure if there already is a module for this in the BB-systems software, but surely someone has given it a try.
    Otherwise, an average programmer would quickly be able to do some hacks if you specified a general solution.

#20     May 12, 2004