Attaboy - there's a good little BOBL!

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by qazwsxedc, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Read all these threads here about how .005 tick size is BAAD with a capital everything. I've been watching it side by side with Bund and Gilt the last two weeks and to me it looks much more tradable than before. Clearer moves, much less noise than the other two, plus it now is more easily comparable to the Bund looking at DOMs side by side.

Cutting the tick size in half is bad news when you're going after single ticks. If you're going after more than that, taking the odd directional view, it seems the change was positive. Am I missing something?

2. like you said ' you have been watching it'.

try trading it.

but you are right with the last comment.

take a dirtectional view.

do not spread trade tick for tick.

3. I think I will from next week. Only one way to find out. :eek:

4. Not trading Short Sterling any more?

5. Finding it more difficult than it used to be (surprise, surprise!) and looking at other products. Again. :mad: I think I'm not the only one.

6. Apparently it's going half-tick as well next year,what with the new algorithm starting in August humans might stand a chance again - like you say everyone I speak to has struggled in there for ages and headed for other markets.

7. does not matter whaty product you try to lok for you will find the same problem.

the systems will plug into any contract of any product and trade it to death.

find some you are knowledgable about and comfortable with and stick with it.

there is no holy grail of a trading product giving away money with no systems running on it.