Att buying Tmobile. 39b

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Wouldn't mind seeing sprint vanish.

#11     Mar 20, 2011
  2. i hate ATT

#12     Mar 20, 2011
  3. da-net

da-net

Ditto!

Looks like I'll have to go to a prepaid with someone or Metro PCS...No contract with T Mobile for a few years now...just a good company for customers that will now be hosed by AT&T.

#13     Mar 20, 2011
  4. From The New York Times
    http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/03/20/the-advisers-behind-the-att-deal/

"The Advisers Behind the AT&T Deal"
    By MICHAEL J. DE LA MERCED

More than a few banks and law firms will be ringing up handsome fees for putting together AT&T’s $39 billion bid for T-Mobile USA.

Proceeds from the acquisition — the largest announced so far this year and one of the biggest since the end of the financial crisis — will be divvied up among a dozen financial and legal advisers.

Particularly striking is the presence of two major boutique firms, Greenhill & Company and Evercore Partners, as advisers to AT&T. Then again, Evercore has long served as an adviser on the roughly $200 billion in mergers that led to the modern-day AT&T.

Others will benefit as well. JPMorgan Chase, an adviser to AT&T, will cement its standing as the top-ranked adviser on deals worldwide as counted by Dealogic, with $170.1 billion worth of transactions as of Saturday.

Morgan Stanley, the principal adviser to Deutsche Telekom, the owner of T-Mobile USA, is ranked third worldwide with $110.9 billion worth of deals, drawing closer to longtime rival Goldman Sachs.

Credit Suisse, another Deutsche Telekom banker, will probably displace Bank of America Merrill Lynch as the fourth-ranked deal adviser globally, having racked up $101 billion worth of assignments to Merrill’s $108.5 billion as of Saturday.

The AT&T deal is also notable for who is missing: Goldman, which had been advising Sprint Nextel in its talks with Deutsche Telekom, people briefed on the matter previously told DealBook.

Here’s the breakdown of the advisers:
    AT&T:

Banks

* Greenhill & Company
    * JPMorgan Chase
    * Evercore Partners

Law firms

* Sullivan & Cromwell
    * Arnold & Porter
    * Crowell & Moring

Deutsche Telekom:

Banks

* Morgan Stanley
    * Deutsche Bank
    * Credit Suisse

Law firms

* Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
    * Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton
    * Wiley Rein

#14     Mar 21, 2011
  5. BwPirt

BwPirt

AT&T becomes the major GSM monopoly after this acquisition, which I hope as a customer means an expansion in their network. I dont have a ton of problems when I have coverage, but I'd like to have more 3G.

#15     Mar 21, 2011