ATS development

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by hfmanager44, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Right.

Most of the things you (the OP) have listed:

<i>Neural Network+ Genetic Algorithm + Simulated Annealing
    value-at-risk calculations
    Detailed charts with numerous indicators.</i>

are totally <b>useless</b> for trading and to make $$$. (They can be useful in other fields)

Let me point you to an example of statistical <a href="http://www.datatime.eu/public/gbot/Strats%20G-BOT/Strategy_CT_T_LS_E/Strategy_CT_T_LS_E.htm" > performances</a> (improvable) obtained with a pure "mechanical" approach,
    just to debunk the illusion that "prediction" is meaningful in an automated context.

Tom

#11     Jun 29, 2011
  2. rosy2

rosy2

really? what are doing for those 10000 hours? Just sitting there? I expect that at least you would gain basic programming and data analysis skills.

#12     Jun 29, 2011
  3. Occam

Occam

It's certainly possible one could gain basic -- or even quite advanced -- programming skills through the process. In addition, if someone takes the time to learn about e.g. statistics (by reading a real book on the topic -- NOT one designed for traders) or linear algebra or analysis, then yes, that would result in bona fide learning/skills. But I strongly doubt that's typical of those who attempt trading on their own. Looking at "charts" and learning about "TA" is in my opinion completely wasted time, unless it leads you to real, consistent, nonrandom results.

#13     Jun 29, 2011
  4. promagma

promagma

Take a look at tradelink, JSystemTrader, marketCetera, tickzoom etc.

Why spend a year or more building a platform when you could be building strategies.

#14     Jun 29, 2011