Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bigscalper, Aug 30, 2002.
Anybody know of any software that calculates Average True Range (ATR)?
Most charting programs have an ATR study
MetaStock does ATR. It defaults to a 14-period average, plus you have the ability to customize it any way you'd like.
Also, you can get free ATR charts from http://www.stockcharts.com
Martin is the greatest.
Martin, I was cleaning off your computer for another trader that is coming in and found your microwave cook times for all the food items you had at the office.
You are one of a kind!! We have now posted it and use it as our guide.
The putting green golf ball returner you gave the office ROCKS!!!! To think we used that coffee cup for so long.....
Listen up fellow Elitetraders, this guy knows his stuff!
don't see anything related to ATR on stockcharts.com
1. Go to www.stockcharts.com
2. Under Create a Chart, enter a symbol and click Go.
3. Scroll down the page until you see the dropdown lists for Indicator Windows (Default selections are RSI and MACD).
4. Click one of the indicator dropdowns, and select Average True Range (note that the list is not alphabetical).
5. Choose whether you want it to appear above the chart (default) or below.
6. Choose the number of periods (14 is default).
7. Click Update Chart.
Now I found it, Thank you for the help!
Separate names with a comma.