Atlassian (TEAM)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by vanzandt, Feb 6, 2019.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

(TEAM)
    On the surface, this sure looks pricey. Thats how it hit my radar. Its $104 now. There's no reason it should be up as much as it is. Did a little digging. Seems like this company might be a good fit for Google in enterprise cloud. From what I read, they are having to play catch-up with AMZN and MSFT. They just brought in a former Oracle exec to head up the cloud division and from their report the other day, they are sinking a pile of money and personnel into it to get their hands in that pie.

There's been quite a bit of call buying lately on TEAM. I was looking at the calls yesterday and noticed someone bought about $700,000 worth Jan 2020 $125 calls for $12ish. There was another one, I forget which strike, but for about $300,00. And that was just yesterday.

Pretty big bets for a company that trades at 20X forward sales with negative eps and cashflow.
    Who knows... maybe Google is going to come calling.

2. %%
    SYMBOL is easier to remember than thier name=TEAM
    BUT since its above 200 day moving average, strong seasonals for technology, #1 in sector[IBD data], good trend I dont like the 2.6 million weekly sell volume in SEPT 2017, or 92% debt. But really small sell volume is a good sign.
    Tek always has had high PE ratios.QQQ outperforms DOW almost always =with a higher PE. SQ has now a Pe of 181, + i've profited off that tek stock.:cool::cool:I find 0.0% use for WSJ PE charts.LOL; but good fake filler for news.:D:D

vanzandt and dealmaker like this.
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

Can anyone shed some light on exactly what this company does? Its hard to understand.
    Why is this stock so damn strong and soooo expensive on a fundamental basis?

4. destriero

destriero

Be careful assuming that those calls were an outright buy. It could've been an arb or a spread/combo trade.

murray t turtle and vanzandt like this.
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Another new all-time high.
    World's most expensive stock.
    wtf do they do?

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

The Company offers a range of team collaboration products. The Company offers products, including JIRA, Confluence, HipChat, Bitbucket and JIRA Service Desk, for software developers, information technology (IT) managers and knowledge workers. The Company offers JIRA for team planning and project management; Confluence for team content creation and sharing; HipChat for team real-time messaging and communications; Bitbucket for team code sharing and management, and JIRA Service Desk for team service and support applications. JIRA allows teams to organize their work into projects and customize dashboards for those projects to keep their teams aligned and on track. Confluence provides a system for organizing, sharing and securing content in spaces arranged by team, project, department and others. The Company also offers additional tools for software developers, such as FishEye, Clover, Crowd, Crucible, Bamboo and SourceTree.

11 months later...
    I think this one is poised to break out to the upside.
    $154 now. Might take a few days.
    edit: earnings 4/30

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    JesseJamesFinn1 likes this.
  7. never2old

never2old

@vanzandt, did you buy the stock or do any options on this one?

8. vanzandt

vanzandt

I'm small potatoes, just a couple hundred shares so I don't have to babysit the position and worry about it.

Who knows what this f'r will do over earnings, but I can tell you what, as someone who has watched this pig daily... I don't 100% understand the company, but people sure love this stock. Its gotta be strong because for one its expensive as all get out out, and it never sells off on days it should. Tbh they are not in my wheel-house of completely understanding the company, but their gross margins are 83% and revenue and earnings keep growing.
    I mean its software, the gift that keeps on giving.

It'll probably dip on earnings. If they have a bad quarter the Street will punish them. They like to sandbag though, they always beat top and bottom, but that was before Covid-19. Then again, it may be good for them.

I wouldn't bet the farm either way though. And if they have a bad quarter, don't buy the first dip. Or the second. Let it get down around $105.

JesseJamesFinn1 and never2old like this.
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

Yeah.... I don't like it. Its too risky. Its not a good long imo.
    I just don't understand the company well enough.
    Plus they are no longer HQ'd in Canada. Now its London. Why? I'm sure there's a good reason, but call it intuition, I just don't like it as a long right now. Tooo risky. If I had to bet, its probably a good short. But that's too risky too. Something about this stock... I just don't trust it.

10. vanzandt

vanzandt

Took awhile, but I think its days of crazy pullbacks are behind it.
    I like TEAM as a long term hold.
    I hate to say buy it the day after earnings when it's gapping up, but $200 may be a solid buy for a multi-year timeframe.

#10     Aug 4, 2023