Atlas Shrugged?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by runningman, Jul 14, 2009.

1. They are just giving everyone an option for the Government choice-- just like when you mail a package, you have the choice between a private company (UPS or FedEx) or the US Postal service.

#41     Jul 16, 2009
  2. fhl

fhl

The easiest way to pay for this new "health care right" that congress wants to give is just to ask others to pay for it.

Of course, if they don't want to pay, Obama can simply make them indentured servants to fulfill their obligations.

#42     Jul 16, 2009
  3. And what do you think happens next, once they get their fat foot in the door, even if its just an option. No way, I want gov't to stay the hell out of healthcare.

#43     Jul 16, 2009
  4. nitro

nitro

"There are no atheists in foxholes" - Ernie Pyle

#44     Jul 16, 2009
  5. This should be one of the main topics of discussion brought forward by Atlas Shrugged. It is simply wrong to say someone has a right to healthcare, just as it's wrong to say everyone has a right to a LCD TV & Xbox. In order to GIVE someone healthcare you must TAKE by force a portion of someone else's life.

#45     Jul 16, 2009
  6. society through its elected represenatives can decide that healthcare is a right. it is no different than education:

This should be one of the main topics of discussion brought forward by Atlas Shrugged. It is simply wrong to say someone has a right to education, just as it's wrong to say everyone has a right to a LCD TV & Xbox. In order to GIVE someone education you must TAKE by force a portion of someone else's life.

#46     Jul 16, 2009
  7. You are comparing gewgaws with the basic human dignity associated with adequate health care?

#47     Jul 16, 2009
  8. I agree, just like it was wrong when my son's teacher dumped all his and other kids pencils, eraser, etc. into a box and was made to share his stuff with the "less fortunate" kids in the classroom.

#48     Jul 16, 2009
  9. Hang on, I gotta run gewgaws by dictionary.com.

#49     Jul 16, 2009
  10. stu

stu

"they're on the front line" - stu

#50     Jul 16, 2009