Atlas Shrugged the movie

Discussion in 'Economics' started by startraitor, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Bravo!
    Well stated!
    Now lets head to Aransas Pass and catch a swell.

#51     Apr 16, 2011
  2. burn8

burn8

Crony Capitalism is not Capitalism. Anyone who continues to empower govt is empowering the corrupted.

-burn8

#52     Apr 16, 2011
  3. Oooo, another bullseye!

#53     Apr 16, 2011
  4. Mvector

Mvector

The movie was good in my opinion and I am glad it was not done with the typical big budget hollywood process.

#54     Apr 16, 2011
  5. Sounds like our Nancy boy emg has his panties in a wad.

#55     Apr 16, 2011
  6. Hello

Hello

It will never cease to amaze me that communists like you pollute a site which is dedicated to trading/capitalism.

I dont even know where you got your 3.3 trillion dollar number from, but lets assume its real. Tell me how it would be possible for 3.3 trillion to be given away to corporations if the government didnt exist??? Whose fault is it that 3.3 trillion is going to the corporations? It is the government who is handing out the money. The government is the one who is robbing from people.

On top of that, who do you think paid the taxes to cover that 3.3 trillion??? Ill give you a hint, given the fact that the bottom 50% of wage earners dont pay a nickle in taxes, it sure as hell wasnt the "poor" people who paid for any of that. All you have done is show me more evidence of the government robbing money, in which the vast majority comes from the rich, and nothing comes from the poor.

So again i will ask you, how the hell do rich people "steal" from the poor in a capitalistic society?

#56     Apr 16, 2011
  7. Name one "truely" free market capitalist system where the rich *didn't* steal from the poor.

#57     Apr 16, 2011
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Damn. Great post Hello.

I think what you said will be lost on most liberals on here. The poor in this country contribute nothing in the form of federal taxes. NOTHING! Even a large portion of the middle class contribute nothing. The problem is they believe that just being poor entitles one to free money and services. The government is not robbing from the poor, but from the productive. They are taking from the productive and giving to the non productive. In some cases this is the poor, in others it's their friends, political connections, etc. It's the rich who should be pissed at government, not the poor.

Maybe this explains why the rich are leaving this country and the poor are staying put.

#58     Apr 16, 2011
  9. Hello

Hello

How much did the "poor" pay in taxes last year in the united states??? Why dont you explain to me exactly how rich people are "stealing from the poor."

The "poor" people are the ones who get access to all the benefits of America, and never have to pay a dime in taxes. Its the "poor" people who benefit from food stamps, welfare, medicaid, and now Obamacare, and it is the rich people who shoulder the entire bill. Any person with even a shred of intellectual honesty knows that it is infact the poor people who benefit from the rich people in America. You have to be seriously dishonest, or else brainwashed to believe that rich people "steal" from the poor.

#59     Apr 16, 2011
  10. Do you or do you not have an example to offer of a "truely" free market capitalist system where the rich did not steal from the poor?

#60     Apr 16, 2011