Atlas Shrugged the movie

Discussion in 'Economics' started by startraitor, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Hello

Hello

Hmmmm..... dont know if you read my edit, buy i conceded the fact that Canada has higher regulations overall, i clearly mispoke there. I merely pointed out the fact that Obamas response to the collapse was to increase regulation and corporate taxes, and Harpers plan to pull out of the recession was to lower taxes, and regulation.

Harper, Canada and the free market are kicking the ever loving Bejesus out of the states, and higher taxes, and increased regulation right now.

#231     Apr 27, 2011
  2. Great post.

#232     Apr 28, 2011
  3. This is correct. Gabby argues that taxes shouldn't be lowered because of budget deficits. But if the government wasn't so bloated and wasteful, there would be no need to spend such gargantuan amounts. The proper procedure is to cut taxes, reduce spending, and give citizens the freedom they deserve.

Me paying for someone elses mistakes is NOT FREEDOM.

#233     Apr 28, 2011
  4. This would bring the country closer to an every-man-for-himself scenario. If somebody decedes to not be healthy, they its on them to figure out their health care. If somebody has not saved up money for retirement, then its their fault and they should keep working.

I don't want to be paying for a lazy man's retirement. Or an obese person's heart surgery. Call me ruthless. I believe in natural selection and to be honest, when shit happens in nature creatures die. Has anybody heard nature apologize for anything? Maybe people should be responsible for themselves and plan ahead.

Maybe the problem is that people don't know what to do with a longer life expectancy.

#234     Apr 28, 2011
  5. This would bring the country closer to an every-man-for-himself scenario. If somebody decedes to not be healthy, they its on them to figure out their health care. If somebody has not saved up money for retirement, then its their fault and they should keep working.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what this country has to move forward and become. The "SOCIAL EXPERIMENTS by the Scumbag Liberals have not only destroyed the Education System in the US (K-12) but it has created a huge population of people Dependent upon the GOV. This is exactly the plan the Scum Liberals want to achieve. However, this Social Planning idea is going to end in a Revolution if not reversed.

There are two great books, (Part of the Intellectual Circle of Academics not twisted by Progressives and only a few Universities teach the "Great Books Track in their Core requirements. I happened to have Graduated from one of the FEW, who do.) UTOPIA, St Thomas More. And a more modern idea of thought on "RIGHTS" Loren E Lomasky PERSON, RIGHTS AND THE MORAL COMMUNITY.

I also had lectures by Jan Narveson, whom I think many should read.

Nevetheless......Parasites will be Parasites and there is no way to change their thoughts. The only way to deal with Parasites, is to contain them. Hence, force them out of "Capitalist" states such as TX, AZ, etc. and push them towards NY, IL, MA, NH, CA, et all.

Trying to change their mind is a worthless task.

#235     Apr 28, 2011
  6. AZ a capitalist state, go do some business there, you'll change your mind. One of the biggest pain in the ass places to work there is. Everyone there bitches about the federal government down there while their own state government is a cluster fuck. If Arizona formed their own country Mexico would kick their ass and take them over in a month. And just who is going to be trying to push me out of Texas anyway?

#236     Apr 28, 2011