Atlanta Traders??

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by ojeriza, Sep 26, 2002.

1. The Atlanta VectorVest Users Group meets on the first Saturday of each Month at 10:00 A.M. at 200 Galleria Parkway. www.cobbgalleria.com will give you a map with directions. (Meeting dates sometimes get changed due to holiday conflicts.)

We meet in the Equity Office Building 200 conference room. The conference room is located on the main floor level accessed by the steps from the top parking deck or driving down to the main floor. This building faces I-285 and is marked with a sign at the top ‘EQUITY OFFICE’, between the Worldspan Building and the Waverly Hotel. The meetings typically last two to three hours, one to two hours for the speakers and the balance for open discussion and drills. The meeting charge is $5.00, the best $5.00 deal in Atlanta for any Saturday morning Investment Group. We even have coffee, soft drinks and snacks. Learn to earn from others! Come as you are (Casual dress).

We have a powerful computer and a high tech projector, and Audio coupled with a large conference room with a huge round table so everyone can see what is going on. If you come early, you may get a seat at the table or you will get a chair in the bleachers. These are still good seats to view the projection screen. We now have the ability to access the Internet for Vector Vest Online, or other sites, when required.

For more information, you may email Larry Sorensen at AVVUG@mindspring.com

#41     Oct 29, 2003
  2. > The Atlanta MTA will host its last meeting of 2003 on Thursday evening,
    > December 18. Our speaker will be Fred Meissner, CMT, and President of the
    > MTA. Fred will discuss market cycles, and the key cycles to watch now in
    > the markets. Afterward, we will participate in a roundtable discussion
    > regarding expectations for financial markets in 2004. As always, feel
    > free to bring a few charts that you might like to discuss. Some folks may
    > have conflicts with holiday gatherings, but Fred and I will be there, and
    > we look forward to discussing current market dynamics with you.
    > The December 18th meeting will take place, as usual, at the Atlanta
    > Financial Center, 3333 Peachtree Rd, NE. Sandwiches and beverages on the
    > Terrace level beginning at roughly 5:30pm will be followed by the
    > presentation on the tenth floor at 6:00pm.

#42     Dec 10, 2003
  3. The Atlanta MTA's next meeting is Thursday. January 29th. TCNet's Michael
    Thompson will present money-making trading strategies in the stock market.
    Michael is a long-time representative of TCNet and a veteran of market
    trading systems and strategies. The meeting will take place, as usual, at
    3333 Peachtree Rd, NE. Sandwiches and refreshments to be served at 5:30pm
    on the terrace level with the presentation to commence at 6:00pm on the
    tenth floor.

Our speaker lineup for the first half of 2004 includes market technician Ken
    Tower, options trader Larry McMillan, and traders coach Adrienne Toghraie!
    Please review the AMTA calendar below for important dates. The attached
    document contains the schedule. Also, AMTA participants are reminded that
    AOIG (Atlanta Options) hosts its monthly meeting this evening at the
    Norcross Hilton.

January 29: TCNet's Michael Thompson will review money making trading
    setups in the stock market

February 19/26: TBA

March 18: CyberTrader Chief Market Technician, Ken Tower, CMT, will discuss
    his analytical framework and market insights

April 17 (Saturday): Larry McMillan, renowned options trader will discuss
    the keys to successful Options Trading in the stock market

May 27: Adrienne Toghraie, Trader's Coach, will talk about the disciplines
    and habits of Successful Traders and her experiences working with some of
    the best

June 24: TBA

July: No Meeting

#43     Jan 19, 2004
  4. The Atlanta MTA's next meeting is Thursday, February 26th.

Atlanta Options Investors Group moderator Joe Murad will present on options,
    why investors should use options, and several money-making options trading
    strategies. Joe Murad has traded options for over 20 years and trades for a
    living. Joe's focus is on risk management, risk/reward analysis, and
    hedging in the financial markets. This will be the first options-focused
    presentation ever to address our Atlanta association. Joe will review key
    money-making advantages of options, and several strategies that he employs.
    Joe's presentation should be a great lead-in to Larry McMillan's options
    strategies presentation on April 17!

The meeting will take place, as usual, at 3333 Peachtree Rd, NE. Sandwiches
    and refreshments to be served at 5:30pm on the terrace level with the
    presentation to begin at 6:00pm on the tenth floor.

****HEADS UP: Next meeting is Ken Tower, Chief Market Technician of
    CyberTrader on March 18 - one week earlier than usual.****

Also, the Atlanta Options Investors Group (AOIG) meets Monday February 23 at
    6:00 PM at J W Marriott Hotel adjacent to Lenox Mall. The presentation will
    address volatility in options trading and will be made by a representative
    of OptionsVue.

#44     Feb 17, 2004
  5. *bump*

meeting this thursday supposed to have a good turn out.

:cool:

#45     Feb 24, 2004
  6. Eric Davidson, Pristine Capital Trainer, will present to the Atlanta MTA
    Thursday, June 24. Eric's topic will be market indicators and trading
    setups. Specifically, Eric will lead us in a review of the trading
    implications of market internals, the Arms Index, and the VIX, as well as
    short-term trading setups. The presentation will begin at 6:00pm at the
    Atlanta Financial Center, 10th Floor (our usual location), with sandwiches
    and beverages at 5:30pm on the Terrace Level.

Reminder: Next MTA Meeting after Eric Davidson of Pristine Capital will be
    on July 29th featuring our annual summer roundtable for discussion of
    markets, factors, and analyses of interest.

A few notes: We continue to seek volunteers for the purpose of collecting
    sodas and sandwiches in advance of our meetings. Also, the role of
    Secretary for our group is presently vacant. If you have suggestions
    regarding potential speakers please let us know, your suggestions for new
    speakers are always appreciated and can lead to new areas for discussion and
    learning as we put together our calendar for late 2004 and early 2005.

#46     Jun 25, 2004
  7. ***Announcing our fall speaker line-up!**** We are pleased to present a fall calendar that features some more outstanding speakers. In particular, two different speakers are oriented to mechanical trading systems, and we expect another presentation on mechanical systems in the spring. Our Saturday presentation slated for late October will feature Phil Erlanger. See the attachment for more detail.

July 29: Annual Summer Roundtable: Participants are invited to bring their securities
    charts of choice as well as any applicable indicators and present their analysis - a
    great opportunity to get to know your fellow Atlanta MTA-ers better and share
    viewpoints with some pretty savvy folks.

August 12/19: August Bye

September 30: Richard Weissman, author of the new book, Mechanical Trading
    Systems: Pairing Trader Psychology with Technical Analysis. Richard will present day
    one of his three-part seminar on mechanical trading systems, covering topics from the
    fundamentals of system development to mathematical technical analysis. Richard
    may return to present part two of his three-day seminar in early 2005. His book is so
    new, it won’t be released until early December!

October 23/30 (Saturday the 23rd probable): Phil Erlanger, former director of technical
    research for Fidelity Investments, and designer of the Erlanger Squeeze Play market
    analytics software, will discuss integrating options analysis into technical market
    research. This Saturday half-day morning event is co-hosted by the Atlanta MTA and
    the Atlanta Options Investors Group.

November: No Meeting - Thanksgiving

December 2/9 (December 2nd probable): Murray A. Ruggiero, Jr., President of Ruggiero
    Associates, a consulting firm specializing in developing market timing applications.
    Murray publishes a newsletter called Inside Advantage and authored the book,
    Cybernetic Trading Strategies.

Atlanta’s MTA Chapter meets regularly at the offices of SunTrust Robinson Humphrey on the tenth
    floor of the Atlanta Financial Center, 3333 Peachtree Rd NE. The Chapter seeks to educate its
    membership regarding technical market analysis, its varied disciplines, and their utility.

To this end,
    chapter meetings are designed to: (1) promote dialogue and increase communications among market
    professionals and participants using technical market analysis in the Atlanta area, (2) feature
    professional technical market analyst presentations, (3) hold roundtable meetings at which members
    can discuss technical market analysis tools and how to use them, and (4) bring the Atlanta metropolitan
    region into the nationwide MTA community. At the same time, the Atlanta MTA assists its members in
    their efforts to successfully complete the Chartered Market Technician (CMT) accreditation process.
    More information about the MTA can be found at www.mta.org. To receive emails regarding upcoming
    events for the Atlanta MTA, simply email timsnavely@rhco.com.

#47     Jul 30, 2004
  8. Avalanche: Are you still up at the Alpharetta office? I'd love to talk with you about the place.

Best,

David

#48     Jul 30, 2004
  9. Bright is moving forward with the re-opening of its Atlanta office. Its in a great locale just above the restaurant Mid-City Cuisine (a great place to eat) on Peachtree at Spring Street.

There was a group that was trying to meet earlier, now that this place is available it would be a great place to meet.

Anyone interested?

#49     Jul 30, 2004
  10. Atlanta MTA meets next week. Got this email:

The Atlanta MTA invites you to join us Thursday, February 24, 2005 for a presentation by me, Tim Snavely. I have been the Technical Market Analyst at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey for almost three years. I specialize somewhat in internal market timing indicators including volume and breadth oscillators that integrate existing technical analysis concepts with statistics. I also emphasize a sub-industries analysis framework for improved stock picking success, and I developed an interactive spreadsheet product to assist clients in identifying stock, stock sector, and stock sub-industry technical market trends. I will share with you these proprietary technical tools that I developed and how I use them to provide stock market guidance for institutional and retail investors. *I haven't ever presented to our group, and I probably won't ever again, so this may be your only chance to quiz me regarding my technical market analysis approach.

This technical analysis presentation will be preceded by an introduction to our own Atlanta MTA Steering Committee at 6:00pm. Your Atlanta MTA Steering Committee volunteers will be introduced, and then we will share with you a first look at the EXCITING THINGS in store for 2005, including our first half calendar for 2005. Again, please join me in congratulating Mary, David, Nicholas, Doug, Rob, Joe, Armond, and Daniel for their hardwork.

From now on, sandwiches and sodas will be served on the TENTH FLOOR in the vicinity of our meeting room at 5:30pm. Please note this important change. The Steering Committee introductions and the presentation will begin at 6:00pm on the tenth floor of the Atlanta Financial Center at 3333 Peachtree Rd (South Tower) on Thursday, February 24th.

#50     Feb 19, 2005