Atlanta Traders??

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by ojeriza, Sep 26, 2002.

1. I went to the Atlanta Options Meeting the other day, and it was informative, however most of the guys there seemed to focus on option stragegies exclusively (ya think? ;-) haha.

Anyway, the presentation was on Futures and was pretty basic but non the less informative. It was 5 bucks at the door because they are buying books and videos that members can check out on a monthly basis.

It might be worth checking out for ya. The night I went the locals were pretty pissed off about cancel charges at IB or something.

The guy who is in charge of the MTA is Timothy Snavely. PM me if you want his email to get added to their email list. They however do meet very often. He tells mevia email that there are no other trading groups that he knows of in Atlanta, and I would assume that he would know best.

I contacted DaytradersUSA myself in October but all they could really offer was to promote the meeting to their database which I didn't gather would contain many traders from Atlanta.

There has to be more interest than the MTA and AO thing though because when I have been to things here sponsored by the options industry council and such they get 100 people or more that show up. (maybe it's just the free cookies though).

It's a shame though....the Denver Trading group back in Colorado brings in some good speakers and even though the just mess around with tc2000 and vector vest and stuff some weeks atleast you get to bounce ideas off of other traders. Atlanta is 4 times the population I think.

Avalanche

#11     Nov 20, 2002
  2. prox

prox

That's a good idea ..

and are there "any" prop firms in Atlanta ?

#12     Nov 30, 2002
  3. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

I know Echo has an office there near Buckhead. I've visited it and liked what I saw. I'm pretty sure Bright and maybe ETG have offices there too.

#13     Nov 30, 2002
  4. Bright has a midtown office. Echo, ETG, Heartland, and what is left of Protrader (retail office I think) are all concentrated in the Buckhead/Lenox Square Area. Heartland is the largest as they have about as many traders as the other 3-4 firms combined.

Each firm howerver uses a different trading platform and has different trading setups so each firm is worth visiting IMO.

#14     Dec 2, 2002
  5. prox

prox

Any ideas on account minimums or the kind of leverage these firms provide ?

#15     Dec 4, 2002
  6. The Atlanta Chapter of the MTA will meet Thursday, January 30 at the Atlanta
    Financial Center, 3333 Peachtree Rd. Ian Notley will begin his presentation
    at 6:00pm. Food and drinks will be served at roughly 5:15pm on the Terrace
    Level. The presentation itself will take place in the tenth floor
    projection room.

Ian Notley is President of Yelton Fiscal Inc. The company has offices in
    the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Switzerland and Hong Kong. The
    firm was founded by Notley in 1987 and covers more than 80 global markets
    including equities, bonds, rates, commodities, currencies, business and
    credit cycle, etc. The service is designed specifically for the
    institutional fund manager seeking the use of a global database with a
    longer term outlook. He has conducted studies for over 30 years into price
    fluctuating phenomena. His specialty is long-term studies of secular and
    cyclical movements and their impact on money management style and in
    particular investment timeliness. He has investigated most investment
    techniques that are present in the public domain. Ian Notley has worked in
    the industry in Toronto, Sydney, London and New York. He has fulfilled the
    role of Analyst, Academic Researcher, Portfolio Manager, Investment Advisor,
    Commodity Analyst, Market Technician and Strategist. During his earlier
    career, he was employed by a Commodity Broker, Computer Information Service,
    Money Management Group and a Canadian Investment Dealer and Broker, with
    whom he spent most of his career. His academic disciplines are education
    and economics.

Professional accomplishments include the following:

1985-1991 Vice President and founding director of the Canadian Society
    of Technical Analysts (C.S.T.A.)

1986-2000 Founding director of the International Federation of
    Technical Analysts (I.F.T.A.). Chairman of the Membership Committee and
    Chairman of Data Committee for I.F.T.A.

1993 Awarded Life Membership to the British Society (S.T.A.) for
    outstanding research into security price movements.

997 The M.T.A. (Market Technicians Association of U.S.A.)
    awarded him with the Best of Best Award for Cycle Wave Analysis.

2002 He received the Frost Award from the Canadian Society of
    Technical Analysts (C.S.T.A.) for Outstanding Contribution and the
    Development to Technical Analysis.

#16     Jan 15, 2003
  7. To Avalanche...and everyone else in Atlanta:

Eddie Franco, our COO and the team from Redi Plus will be demonstrating the latest and greatest in Redi software (yes, all the bells and whistles that make it so cool). This is happening in our Atlanta office on Feb 12-14th.

In all fairness to those who have had problems with Redi, I'm going out on a limb here.....everything is supposed to be working fine, and all the new enhancements in place. To the (nice) naysayers....please come by and kick the tires, test these puppies out!

I don't think I will be there (my birthday is the 14th), but since Eddie is the "big cheese" and responsible for all the technology, I hope you all come by.

Check my website for more details closer to the date.

Don

#17     Jan 15, 2003
  8. As it turns out, I will be going to Atlanta for the Technology Expo.....and Stocks and Commodities will be supplying free 1 year subscriptions to the first 150 who attend....so at least come by and get some free stuff!!

Check my website for the details.....

http://www.stocktrading.com/html/technology_atlanta.html

Don

#18     Jan 28, 2003
  9. Don,

When is the next time you guys will be coming to Atlanta? I will not be back in town until the 15th of March.

Thanks,
    Derrick

#19     Jan 28, 2003
  10. This will be our only "techo" stop this year....especially with this broad a spectrum of software experts. We plan to do this again in other cities whenever we can get the "band" together all at the same time (kinda tough to do, since we are scattered about quite a bit). You're welcome to come to any of the future events as well. Sorry if we're going to miss you...

Don

#20     Jan 28, 2003