Atlanta Traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Miragers, Jul 20, 2006.

1. I'm just going to throw this out there. I don't care if it sticks.

Downwinds Restaurant at Dekalb-Peachtree airport.

Wednesday, 11:30am (gets our order in before the lunch crowd).

#41     Dec 11, 2006
  2. Wow, I'm shocked that nobody got the joke! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Barton

Mark Orrin Barton (1955 - July 29, 1999) was a spree killer from Stockbridge, Georgia, who, on July 29, 1999, shot and killed nine people and injured 13 more. The shootings occurred at two Atlanta day trading firms -- Momentum Securities and the All-Tech Investment Group. It is believed that Barton, a daytrader, was motivated by $105,000 USD in losses over the previous two months. Barton committed suicide four hours later at an Acworth gas station, having been spotted by the police. He was ordered to stop at a gas station, but shot himself before the police could reach him.

Immediately prior to entering the manager's office at All-Tech, Barton was heard to say: "I hope this doesn't ruin your trading day."

The whole murder spree thing, I might be willing to overlook- but actually <i>losing</i> money during the <b>summer of '99?</b> I mean, <i>come on</i>! What a pathetic loser! :p

#42     Dec 11, 2006
  3. Yeah, a bunch of people getting killed. Always funny.

#43     Dec 11, 2006
  4. At least the worms are happy.

#44     Dec 11, 2006
  5. Think back on the absolute best, side-splittingly funny things you've ever seen or heard in your entire life.

Ok, ready now? Have you gotten down from your high horse for long enough to recall your very best laughs ever?
    If you're not ready yet, take a minute or two until the memories come to you...

I guarantee 100% that those incredible memorable moments of perfect humor contained two ever-present elements: <b>A victim</b> and <b>pain</b>. Maybe not on the outer surface of the joke, but if you peel deep enough, there's always <b>a victim</b> and <b>pain</b> in there somewhere, wherever side-splittingly funny laughter is found.

That's not my fault... It's just basic human nature.

#45     Dec 11, 2006
  6. Miragers, you gonna join 2mnytrdz, and myself on wednesday?

205-492-2378 is my cell (NO prank calls plz :p )

cm69

#46     Dec 12, 2006
  7. volente_00

volente_00

Would have to be when you called an oil bottom at 63.

#47     Dec 12, 2006
  8. 2mnytrdz

2mnytrdz

Looks like it's almost set. Tomorrow (Weds). What time? Where? jmjatlanta suggested Downwinds Restaurant at 11:30 am. I've never been there but that is fine with me. Are there any other suggestions? I'm in. Looks like Cashmoney is in.
    jficquette you in? Miragers you in? jmjatlanta you in? Anyone else is welcome to come. I think it will be fun.

#48     Dec 12, 2006
  9. Whats the address to this place?..its not expensive is it?

#49     Dec 12, 2006
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

It's not expensive. Pull into the main entrance of the PDK airport and drive to the end of that street. You'll see EPPS on the left and Mercury on the right. There used to be access to the restaurant from the outside but that may have been closed. If so go into the older building on the left of the parking lot and proceed upstairs.

I'd like to show tomorrow but I'll be in Ball Ground and it's going to be tough to get out of the office.

#50     Dec 12, 2006