ATLANTA Traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by CarolinaCpaGrad, May 23, 2009.

1. I don't want to put up the firm name on a public forum without everything finalized by compliance.

Let me know of any good places in Buckhead or Atlanta in general though

#11     Jun 12, 2009
  2. I'm an independent trader trading from my home office in the Druid Hills/Emory area. Technically I don't trade for a living (still doing my PhD at GaTech) but been trading solo and managing a few other accounts for some time now. Will be glad to meet with some locals. PM me if anyone wants to meet up.

#12     Jun 17, 2009
  3. I'm also an Independent Trader. I used to trade Forex a few years ago and took a long hiatus. Now i'm re-entering the market, this time with stocks which is new for me.

If anyone is interested in getting a local group together and meeting up once or twice a month I'd be interested in helping organize something.

Keep me posted.

#13     Jun 28, 2009
  4. How is the Post Brookhaven? It's one of the cheaper Post complexes within the Buckhead area. I prefer the residential area though.

I should move in sometime next week. My office is 3 miles away but it will supposedly take 30 minutes to get there. Is traffic really this bad in Buckhead?

#14     Jun 28, 2009
  5. bkveen3

bkveen3

Monty21 where are you going to be working? Idk if it will take you 30mins but traffic really is that bad. Area is great though.

#15     Jun 28, 2009
  6. The financial center/district. Right where you get off the Marta Buckhead train stop. This huge black window building.

Across the street is Maggiano's.

I feel like it may be wiser to take public transportation instead of driving. I could drive to the Brookhaven train station (1 mile from the apartment) and take the train down to Lindbergh, switch trains and come back up to Buckead. Or I could get some exercise and walk from Lenox. That would be nice.

I'm completely new to Atlanta though.

#16     Jun 28, 2009
  7. bkveen3

bkveen3

There is MARTA right at the financial center so if you have a stop close to your place I would take it. MARTA is way easier than trying to drive. What kind of position did you find? I'm 21 and doing my last year at Georgia Tech.

#17     Jun 28, 2009
  8. post brookhaven to AFC does not take 30 mins.

#18     Jun 28, 2009
  9. maybe if he leaves at 9 am. stops at the starbucks.

i drive in from much farther out and it doesn't take me 30-40 minutes.

#19     Jun 28, 2009
  10. Hold hands? Take a shower together?

#20     Jun 28, 2009