Atlanta Daytrading office shooting

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wackojacko, Mar 23, 2004.

1. http://edition.cnn.com/US/9907/30/atlanta.shooting.01/

I just remembered this story and found a link for anyone interested. Its why you should only trade with money you can afford to lose and be mentally balanced before you get into this game.....
    my sincerest condolences to the victim's families :(

2. You're about 5 years late with this breaking story. What many people don't know is that the police believe he also killed his first wife for insurance money. Not your typical daytrader.

3. I'm sure that Harvey Houtkin and others innocently involved appreciate some clown (note the alias) dredging up this story under the utterly tasteless and patronizingly ludicrous guise of a public service announcement.

I've requested that this thread be closed.

4. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

Agreed.

5. richie90

richie90

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Just because, those who request the topic be closed, feel threatened by the opening of the Atlanta shooting topic ...does not mean it cannot be discuss and lessons learned from the incident.

6. exactly- why do people feel threatened by talking about this topic?? daytraders are an unstable bunch, I am merely trying to point out this one guy's faults and while I know none of the "elite" traders here will go postal like this guy, we can all learn a lesson from the incident.

7. lindq

lindq

Seriously, I lived in Atlanta at the time, and was just considering trading full time. I stopped by their office to check out what they had going. (Essentially they were scalping stocks for pennies.)

The NEXT day Barton went into the office and started shooting.

I got the message.