Atkins diet

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nkhoi, Nov 24, 2002.

1. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

My biggest problem is what I do for a living.
    Sit on my butt all day and trade.
    Sit on my butt all weekend and zap hairs.

Got to get out for a walk a lot more often.:D

#21     Nov 25, 2002
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

An inexpensive treadmill and a 10/15 lb dumbbell are a help.

--Db

#22     Nov 25, 2002
  3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I have to get a treadmill that collapses into a very small package. I live on a boat. Maybe some Richard Simmons dancing to the oldies?

#23     Nov 25, 2002
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

here is what I do (note past result is not guarantee for future success) throw out 1 bun when you order 1 hamburger, no skin or fat of any dead animal, fish or fowl, no cheese, half of usual amount of candy, pig out on the rest.

#24     Nov 25, 2002
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Everybody who wants permanent weight loss has to find something they enjoy, whether it's tennis or swimming or just walking around the block. Otherwise they won't keep doing it. If you're interested in a treadmill, non-motorized models can be quite small.

--Db

#25     Nov 25, 2002
  6. Toonces

Toonces

I would never consider going on the Atkins diet. With all the evidence linking animal fat/protein to cancer and heart disease, you're putting a lot of faith in a diet in which there is no data detailing its long term effects. You may be damaging your kidneys with this diet as well. Weight loss does not automatically equate to healthy eating.

#26     Nov 25, 2002
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

There's no real evidence linking fat and protein to cancer and heart disease. Correlations do not necessarily imply causation. Besides, if you instead follow a high carbohydrate/low fat regimen, you wind up with high triglyceride levels and the end result is the same.

--Db

#27     Nov 25, 2002
  8. it's the total number of calories, people.

#28     Nov 25, 2002
  9. BULL SHIT:mad:

#29     Nov 25, 2002
  10. oh yeah just have fun and you'll live 4ever...MORON

#30     Nov 25, 2002