Atkins diet

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nkhoi, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Atkins Diet?

Who needs it when you are rich and have lots of hot chicks dying to get in your pants?
    [​IMG]

#11     Nov 25, 2002
  2. nitro

nitro

There are other ways to help...

nitro :D

#12     Nov 25, 2002
  3. I'm #1 So Why Try Harder

My new tag line LOL:D

#13     Nov 25, 2002
  4. :D

#14     Nov 25, 2002
  5. I tried it. Yeah, its works. But you get tired of eating meat most of the time. I found that only about one quarter of the items in a supermarket were available to me under the Atkins diet. And I heard somewhere recently that Atkins can cause serotonin depletion, which can cause depression. (Anybody hear of this somewhere, please post). I certainly found the carb restrictions depressing. The only thing good about the carb reduction is that it causes your appetite to fall off so that you think less about food. But then again, depression also does that to you.

#15     Nov 25, 2002
  6. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

No, it is the opposite. It makes you happy.
    It is a great diet, if you stick to the lower fat offerings, but gets boring after a while unless you put in some veggies. I am a chocoholic, so eventually my cravings put an end to it.:(

#16     Nov 25, 2002
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

That shouldn't be a problem since cocoa and unsweetened chocolate are low in carbs. You can make chocolate cheesecake and chocolate ice cream as long as you use Splenda or something similar. You can also make a chocolate cake with egg whites and cocoa.

As for the depression, a friend's difficulties with depression were eliminated because his blood sugar level became stabilized.

Just about anything is available except for sugar and starch. But anyone who can't give up cookies and Cheetos isn't going to succeed with it.

--Db

#17     Nov 25, 2002
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Incidentally, "diet" is a misnomer since it involves a permanent change in the way one eats. If one goes back to candy and cookies and chips and potatoes and so forth after losing however much weight he wants to lose, it will all come back VERY fast.

--Db

#18     Nov 25, 2002
  9. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

As the old joke goes
    The first three letters of diet are die.....and I don't want to do that.
    Seriously, I do a box diet now.
    3 meals a day, I eat prepackaged foods. ie Healthy Choice
    And diet chocolate.
    And 2 peices of fruit

And it is working.:)

#19     Nov 25, 2002
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Not everybody's problem is carbs. For many people, it's just plain over-eating. But that involves a lot of psychological issues that diet centers aren't likely to be able to deal with.

--Db

#20     Nov 25, 2002