Atkins Article

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Toonces, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Yes, he may lose weight but because he's eating LESS CALORIES probably from eliminating [simple] carbs and eating less food overall. There is no magic bullet in the sausage and fat. Eating fat does not preferentially target fat stores for energy. I challenge you to post credible references if you think different.

You can lose as much weight on carrots. Or potato chips. But I wouldn't recommend the latter. ITS THE TOTAL ENERGY INTAKE IN FORM OF CALORIES VS ENERGY EXPENDITURE!

I challenge anyone to show me different.

(including venutia, or whatever his name is)

:-/

#41     Feb 12, 2004
  2. Toonces

Toonces

#42     Feb 12, 2004
  3. too late site must of pulled it

#43     Feb 12, 2004
  4. Toonces

Toonces

Did they have a big fat picture of Atkins?

#44     Feb 12, 2004
  5. Toonces

Toonces

Did they have a picture of a bloated Atkins?

#45     Feb 12, 2004
  6. coroner's report

#47     Feb 13, 2004
  7. Dieting is almost like trading. There are many methods to choose from. There's no ultimate diet plan since everybody is different. Like many beginning traders, dieters have very high expectations like losing weight very fast. Of course, this doesn't happen to most of the dieters and then they try different diet plans but they don't really commit themselves. And most of them end up "blowing up" :)

Chinook

#48     Feb 13, 2004
  8. that's bullsh*t. everything isn't "like" trading. and "no" everyone is not "different" get a clue. :-/

#49     Feb 13, 2004
  9. I'm talking about my own experience. To me they're extremely similar. In both cases, you need to be patient and take small steps. You have to have a reachable goal. If one's expectations are too high, then there's a good change that one would fail.

Of course everybody is different; take a look at the shapes/sizes of the people.

Chinook

#50     Feb 13, 2004