Athlonman's EUR/USD TA Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by athlonmank8, Feb 16, 2011.

1. cvds16

cvds16

been reading some of your old posts: had a good laugh, it's idd the simple stuff that works, it took me a while to get that ! I still have days where I forget it and I struggle but overall have found a kind of own way to trade adapted to my personality been doing fine lately, more importantly rather consistant. In the past I used to have these really hot streaks and cold streaks, these seem to have evened out recently. Patience seems to be key and cutting losers quickly, no more than 6 pips stops for me please :D It took me a lot longer than I ever thought to make the transition from trading options in the past to trading fx though. The cycle thing is still a mystery to me (Yoohoo told me you'd better have the right software for that and I'd better not bother with it as it might get me into trouble :cool:) , but I know all too well there are several ways to skin a cat.

#31     Feb 25, 2011
  2. LOL. Oh man! I know exactly what you mean. Whenever I used to start a new strategy I'd hit it hard and the equity curve looked like a rocket to the moon. Then for some reason I'd take a small loss that I didn't like and I'd hit some "mystical" peak on that damn thing that would send it straight into the abyss. I had that happen so many times. You're right! Tight stops, simple (reliable) setups, and patience are the keys! My problem was over-trading with tight stops for a while. What a nightmare. Death by 1,000 cuts. That's why i needed the cycles back.

The cycles are actually something I created myself. I'll share them with you via email if you'd like. See if you can incorporate them. I showed them to him thinking they were the holy grail but yoohoo thought they might be good in an ebook lol.

I'll shoot you a PM. I still have to reply to your old one lol. Yes, I went absolutely CRAZY trying to get that strategy down (we discussed in PM). I felt like I lost my mind haha.

#32     Feb 25, 2011
  3. Looking extremely bullish. Weekly and daily both. 25th was the trigger. Went long a little @ 45 with a 10 pip stop. We'll see what happens. Haven't been trading much lately, had some work stuff to do.

#33     Mar 2, 2011
  4. Added more @ 1.3847. Stop now @ 43

edit: -2/-4

hmmm waaaay too tight on that. :mad: Nice move

#34     Mar 2, 2011
  5. cornix

cornix

Yeah, rallied well on good ADP news.

#35     Mar 2, 2011
  6. saw that :). Looked like they might take a stance against inflation too. It's looking like 1.40 isn't out of the question. Really chewing through the supply at these levels.

How have you been? Hopefully things are well!

#36     Mar 2, 2011
  7. cornix

cornix

Tight stops need good filtering indeed, otherwise if your entries are too broad, will end up chopped to small pieces.

#37     Mar 2, 2011
  8. cornix

cornix

Ya, fundamentally Euro is definitely a long, considering rates policy of ECB vs Fed and other matters.

Today is a little bit in red for my scalping calls, but it's the part of our business. :)

Overall all goes as expected.

Hope February was good for you as well?

#38     Mar 2, 2011
  9. yup! Been my Achilles heel.

Actually, happened to me again today actually. Stopped out @ 43 then blasted 14 pips :( .

#39     Mar 2, 2011
  10. cornix

cornix

Today was an ugly noisy creeper session (European at least), so no wonder. Bit me as well as I tried to pick the top. :D

#40     Mar 2, 2011