Athlonman's EUR/USD TA Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by athlonmank8, Feb 16, 2011.

1. 4hr channel The pin bar gave the signal. Taking the break "as is" is perfectly fine, but i've found you can maximize your R:R if you optimize things a bit in respect to other (lower) TFs.

4hr traders look for a certain return based on that risk. With that in mind you can sort of take advantage of that.

2/25 is still looking good. Trough to peak was approx 5 days.

#21     Feb 21, 2011
  2. Here's the Oanda vs TOS Sunday night comparison.

#22     Feb 21, 2011
  3. Studies have been shown on candles that without filtering there's very little (if any) edge.

However, you can decide for yourself if those 30-40% of failures (after filtering) may or may not offer something of value either :)

#23     Feb 21, 2011
  4. Someone might find this useful for monitoring multi-tfs without having to click through multiple charts or stare at multiple monitors just to sort through TFs.

After an entry, you can use this for monitoring stops or rolling TFs. My R:R is based on candle entries so this was very useful for maximizing reward and monitoring risk. 1 min thru 30. (my hourly on a different chart) with 3 tick charts. I like starting at 1 screen when I can. Watch each TF develop and roll.

#24     Feb 21, 2011
  5. Here's something else someone may find useful.

It's a chart laid out with 5 ma upper and lower boundries based off of high and low. I use it for strength among other things. (closes out of range). Also, poke bars for signals and potential stop levels. It gives strength a different visualization. Better understanding of why fading needs to be done carefully.

#25     Feb 21, 2011
  6. Here's a screamer. Patience. TL retest + 50% fib retracement. 5 min PA fired off the signal

Cherry picking at it's finest. Why make it difficult. Obviously the same applies to PP's too.

#26     Feb 22, 2011
  7. Bounce here should be good until AT LEAST noon. Trading for a trend up until then. Stop @ 3721. 4hr's definitely not going to make this easy though. Interested to see how this works out.

#27     Feb 25, 2011
  8. Stop @ breakeven (1.3734). +20 pips so far on this.

#28     Feb 25, 2011
  9. cvds16

cvds16

nice one, it's a creeper up, but it's friday, so who knows where we end up :)

#29     Feb 25, 2011
  10. Thanks! :) lol. Yeah it sure is. Thinking we might have more to fall next week (was hoping it'd shoot up a little faster). I took a gamble and held onto it even though I normally would have been stopped out @ 55. It's got a noon cycle (42 min ago) and then another cycle in 2 hours. Hoping to see 1 more push for a 63 break otherwise, i'll be out @ market close.

I appreciate it cvds. How have you been lately? Hopefully everything's going well.

#30     Feb 25, 2011