Athlonman's EUR/USD TA Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by athlonmank8, Feb 16, 2011.

1. cornix

cornix

No trades yet so far, watching for setups...

#11     Feb 17, 2011
  2. Long @ 3544 off the PP and midline.

#12     Feb 17, 2011
  3. Out +10

#13     Feb 17, 2011
  4. 7th hour of this downtrend. Typically that's getting close to max. Looking for support to firm up here.

Shows the midline + PP trade. This could be a bit bigger. Just took a small long here @ 52

Hourly close below that 56 is bearish. Explains the indecision

#14     Feb 17, 2011
  5. Added more @ 56, looking for a move to 67. i'm trading upstream here so keeping stops tight

#15     Feb 17, 2011
  6. Stopped @ 48. -4, and -8 on the smaller add

#16     Feb 17, 2011
  7. 40 pips off the lows. Caught a little while I was watching Jimmy on CNBC after I got stopped on that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk1beTw2IXk

lol Rogers calls him out. Pretty funny video.

#17     Feb 17, 2011
  8. Updated chart on this Daily resistance. Don't have much time to post trades tonight, but just wanted to updated on what i'm watching. 15 min chart on the top and a 1hr chart on the bottom showing the breakout. Harami was the early signal @ the top. They pushed it up during off-hours which was a no-brainer short. If you're going to fake a breakout, that couldn't be a better time

Short-term channel made for a nice confluence on the signal.

#18     Feb 18, 2011

9. Daily proved correct. 1.369 spot on. Some very "smart" people loading up on the lows before this announcement. Push back through highs was the signal though.

#19     Feb 18, 2011
  10. Here's an update. Channel on the 4hr shown.

Also, another picture of the difference in feeds for TOS and Oanda and why both are needed for signals IMO. Oanda fired off a sell signal while TOS wasn't so obvious. Its a difference in the Sunday night feed and the candle close (TOS seems to be on 5 day while Oanda is 6)

PA had a perfect reaction to the channel and we retested the breakout we saw last week. If typical time was longer, we may not have had a retest. This is why TIME is critical.

#20     Feb 21, 2011