“This is a very stubborn recession,”...

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Jan 8, 2010.

1. I thought you were responding to my comment which was directly above yours. If not, I apologize. I was speaking of the global economy in general in my post. No need for hostility.

#11     Jan 8, 2010
  2. I apologize, I'm just used to so much flaming on this board.

#12     Jan 8, 2010
  3. spinn

spinn

yet, the NQ is up 10 as of 3 PM.

#13     Jan 8, 2010
  4. ddefina

ddefina

Yes, why do people assume the U.S., or the world for that matter, is going to recover soon? Just because it happened in the past? We haven't changed what got us into this funk, mainly cheap, weakly regulated debt issuance, so there's no reason to think things will improve again unless there's fundamental change.

They can open the "interest rate valve" to get more debt flowing but when the "regulation valve" is almost shut you won't get any flow. Without debt growth economies will continue to contract, including economies that relied on us to borrow all the money.

#14     Jan 8, 2010
  5. "Jobless" recovery is a BS term created by this liberal media (but I repeat myself) to protect Obama and his mega failure to fix what he promised to fix, the economy, despite the fact that the only remedy is to swear off tax hikes, renew the Bush tax cuts, and generally stay out of the way of American businesses large and small.

Jobless recovery? I mean really, I recall the complete meltdown by the liberals in this country back when Bush had the unemployment rate at 4.7%, and all they talked about were McJobs.

#15     Jan 8, 2010
  6. So the Bush economic policies were working? I thought staying out of the way of American businesses large and small while running up huge deficits might have contributed to the sh-t storm we just went through. Wait, you're right, things were going GREAT when Bush left office with his tail between his legs.

#16     Jan 8, 2010
  7. hey stupid, don't put words in my mouth. I never gave an opinion on Bush's full economic platform. Don't change the subject, the point is that under Bush we had a low unemployment rate and dumb liberals bitched about it endlessly. Go back to sleep.

#17     Jan 8, 2010
  8. Sorry I didn't mean to put words in your mouth. I thought you were giving us "THE ONLY REMEDY" for our economic problems...If not, what is this "remedy" supposed to be doing for us again?

#18     Jan 9, 2010
  9. Sustainable sales increases ? Dream on. You will wake up in January and Februray. No Christmas season, no Santa Claus.

#19     Jan 9, 2010
  10. Jobs that have been eliminated will not return even if sales in your average business pick up. The economy is still in a process of deleveraging and job eliminations and other cost savings are necessarily maintained untill balance sheets are back in order. This isn't achieved in a 24 month period, it'll take between 36 and 54 months counting from March '08.

Because deleveraging continues I think it's highly unlikely that sales will pick up significantly in your average business. Noone's expanding, everybody's just cleaning up.

#20     Jan 9, 2010