Atheists....whats your story?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, May 21, 2010.

1. One must learn to confront fear, and ultimately it is everyone's duty to laugh in the face of death.

#21     May 22, 2010
  2. Eight

Eight

I try to tell people that their world view can't be proven when they say they are science based... what, somebody created a Universe and had their work peer reviewed? Somebody obeserved and reported on the beginning of the Universe??? NO... those are the two things that could have happened that would be considered science, absent either of those, big bang, evolution, etc.. is nothing but conjecture with the trappings of science that we get rammed down our throats and called "fact" continually... I like reading about it but don't call it fact, especially when it doesn't fit the evidence!! Besides, we've seen the results of your thinking and it was horrible for atheists and religious people alike...

#22     May 22, 2010
  3. "I have a strong interest in finding out the nature of reality."

Would it be a fair statement to say that your notion of the nature of reality is filtered though a human mind and senses?

Would it also be a fair statement to say that the senses are limited and fallible?

Just curious why you would have a strong interest in finding out the nature of reality and then employ tools that are not calibrated to anything but their own nature...

The problem with empiricists is that they begin with the proposition that senses are capable of nothing but a sense/physical perception based reality...

#23     May 22, 2010
  4. is it wise to have no fear of death? :D

#24     May 22, 2010
  5. you reckon i even more foolish atheist for not believing in unicorns, alien abduction and the bending of metal cutlery by telekinesis too as well as god? enquiring minds want to know LOL :D

#25     May 22, 2010
  6. As an Atheist I have never fought any religion. I just believe that there is no higher authority than man himself.

#26     May 22, 2010
  7. the sure bet is here and now, isn't it?

the "hereafter"...i'll give you a 1000 to 1 against :D

#27     May 22, 2010
  8. I think you got it wrong it scares the GOD out of them.

It is impossible to have a discussion with some one like you who know what I think. It is like talking to a woman.

When you tell me that you are a Christian I do not know what you think I know what you are - stupid.

#28     May 22, 2010
  9. dcvtss

dcvtss

Maybe death scares you and that's why you believe in Christianity, it gives you an answer. Personally I have no problem with believing I don't know what lies beyond.

#29     May 22, 2010
  10. mxjones

mxjones

#30     May 23, 2010