Atheists Prevaricating

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mike oxbig, Sep 1, 2012.

1. That's just complete nonsense.
    I suspect you are referring to the "oft quoted we only use 10% of our brain meme "

#21     Sep 2, 2012
  2. jcl

jcl

Nevertheless we're currently still evolving, although at a slow rate. We won't evolve anymore only when technical progress eliminated all diseases and other selection factors.

Here's a simple example of observed human evolution: http://www.eurekalert.org/features/doe/2002-05/dbnl-tmm061302.php

#22     Sep 2, 2012
  3. :D :D So says the one who doesn't believe in the IQ gap between the races.

Cognitive dissonance at it's best there buddy. :eek:

btw: good find but I'd already seen that before.

#23     Sep 2, 2012
  4. Eight

Eight

All of the thinking that is employed in the area of dating via the strata and using the geologic column is subject to pure ridicule, and rightly. Circular reasoning and tossing out true scientific observations and readings no less. Logic that merits an "F" in Philosophy 101 gets an "A" in Anthropology. Why we stand for it in our school system is beyond me..

#24     Sep 2, 2012
  5. Catholic?

#25     Sep 2, 2012
  6. jcl

jcl

Nope, Catholics accept science. Maybe Creationist?

Just for info, there is no "area of dating via the strata and using the geologic column". The strata and geological column determines chronological order, not dates.

#26     Sep 3, 2012
  7. I know, it's a funny thing. The Church believes in the big bang, evolution, considers GW a threat to humanity and was against the Iraq war, but for some reason never mentions those things during the sermons, leaving their parishioners just as ignorant (and even more deluded) than when they woke up that morning. It's almost like the Church does not want to speak about it. I wonder why. Maybe it's the job of the nuns?

#27     Sep 3, 2012
  8. jem

jem

do you go to Catholic Church often?
    what the heck do you know about what is being taught on sundays.

Depending on the parish some priests go off script and start bringing up leftists ideas.

I have found the poorer parishes get more leftist stuff the wealthier ones get more bible and theology on Sundays.

Everyone Catholic Mass has three readings out of the bible... then the priest gets to give a Homily where he talks about the readings... the good ones expand on God's word... the crappy ones preach leftist garbage and/ or lecture about sin every sunday.

I will bet that a very high percentage of the molesters fell into the crappy priest category.

suprised?

#28     Sep 3, 2012
  9. jem

jem

regarding evolution... the point was made... the everyone has a different view of Darwin and evolution.

What we do know... is that there is zero proof of life evolving from non life on the earth. And scientifically speaking there was probably not enough time for that to happen.

so a belief in evolution is not contrary to bible at this point in time. And I say this understanding that some believe the earth is only 6000 years old.

But, in my opinion that view is not necessarily informed by the bible.

#29     Sep 3, 2012
  10. jem

jem

I should have said not enough time for life to evolve from non life by random chance.

many scientists speak of other ways for things to have evolved... such as perhaps it mapped out ahead of time in our code and environment.

#30     Sep 3, 2012