Atheists have better sex. best reason to leave religion yet.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, May 23, 2011.

1. Atheists Do It Better: Why Leaving Religion Leads to Better Sex
    A new study shows that religious people have as much sex as atheists, but with less sexual satisfaction and more guilt.

Do atheists have better sex? Yes. According to science, that is -- and more specifically, according to the recently released "Sex and Secularism" study.

In January 2011, organizational psychologist Darrel Ray, Ed.D. (psychologist for 30 years and author of The God Virus as well as two books on psychology) and Amanda Brown (undergraduate at Kansas University, focused on sexuality and sex therapy) conducted a sex survey of over 14,500 people -- atheists, agnostics, and other people in the secular community. The survey was looking at religion, atheism, and sex: how religion affects sex, how leaving religion affects sex, whether lifelong atheists feel differently about sex than people who have recently deconverted, and so on. The report -- "Sex and Secularism: What Happens When You Leave Religion?" -- is on the Internet, and if you want all 46 pages of the naughty details,
    http://gretachristina.typepad.com/greta_christinas_weblog/2011/05/atheists-do-it-better.html

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

How many religious people have you converted to date?

3. Not going to lie, better sex is a GREAT selling point.

4. Isn't the orgasm the point of sex? Is there such a thing as a bad orgasm? :D

5. jem

jem

it most be a generation thing but when I was single in the 80s and half of the 90s... the ... atheist women ended to be the not so attractive women. You know the aggressive in your face granola chick passing out womens services and studies fliers.

so I wonder does this study mean ugly women are more sexually satisfied. Perhaps because they have lower expectations?

so then... doesn't this really point out that no matter you slice it, this study must be all subjective b.s.

6. If you're good at it, ALL women are religious in bed.....

:D :D :D

7. 1st question. I thought you left for good? What was that whole post about you leaving ET for when you were barely gone 24 hours?

2nd question. Who the hell would waste their time surveying 14,500 people on such an idiotic topic? But since you like statistics, I'm sure you seen how a disproportionate amount of atheists are homosexual in nature.

So hows that for a reason to go from atheism to religion....so you dont get bored with women one day and start screwing guys. Its 100 times more likely to happen if you are an atheist.

8. Tom B

Tom B

9. Obviously you have never had sex with a dude.

It is not nearly anything like banging some chick. It is quite animalistic; probably right up your alley Peil.

Never say never.

Honestly, why limit yourself?

9 out of 10 of my gay friends could blow you better than 9 out of 10 religious women.

Fact!

peace

10. jem

jem

Have you noticed really enthusiastic believers tend to those who are really successful and therefore those who feel the need to give thanks... or those who bottomed and really need a new direction in life.

Where as atheists tend to be pseudo intellectuals, real intellectuals and losers? those who see themselves as either better than or rejected by the majority?

I think peil was saying a lot of atheists are gay or vice versa because they feel like outcasts...

#10     May 23, 2011