Atheists, agnostics most knowledgeable about religion, survey says

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by olias, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Websters definition of the word theory.

Apparently, previously unbeknown to me, the scientific community considers it's theories facts until proven wrong. Whereas everyone else considers theirs just theories until proven correct.

#341     Nov 30, 2010
  2. stu

stu

No, that's what you seem to think, 'everyone else' can see how scientific theory is not just theory. Including Websters apparently

#342     Nov 30, 2010
  3. Oh please... your child-like understanding of science leads you to believe that scientists know much more than they really do, as evidenced by the time you got what scientists understand about the universe BACKWARDS.

Not all scientific theories are equal because it's a continuum... and the "universe from nothing" SPECULATION that you keep mindlessly parroting is a huge stretch, as was Hawking's speculation that the universe would collapse and time would reverse. Which he later had to retract.

#343     Nov 30, 2010
  4. stu

stu

Nevertheless, what you're saying is very dumb and the laws of physics do, irrespective of your intense disproval, allow a universe to begin from nothing.

#344     Dec 2, 2010
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

I wish I could apply those "laws" to a $20 dollar bill. Oh wait, our Treasury Department has already figured it out.

#345     Dec 2, 2010
  6. Sure, STUpid, just like your mini big bangs. Sounds like your mommy still hasn't changed your diaper.

[​IMG]

#346     Dec 5, 2010