Atheists, agnostics most knowledgeable about religion, survey says

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by olias, Sep 30, 2010.

1. You still need some kind of intelligence to command something to pop into existence. There has to be some kind of catalyst. There is no other way around it and since nothingness cant decide to do something, its only logical that a very powerful intelligence that exists outside the bounds of space & time had to have done it.

#21     Oct 2, 2010
  2. Everything that exists in space-time must have been created or designed. God exists outside of space-time. Says so in the bible that God had no beginning and that he always existed. All the answers are there in the bible, my friend.

#22     Oct 2, 2010
  3. God doesn't exist in space-time?

That's the same thing as saying (admitting) that God doesn't exist in any place and that God does not exist now, nor has he ever existed.
    I guess we're in agreement after all.

#23     Oct 3, 2010

4. " I grew up Catholic and religion was always very important to me. "

this quotes belies the title of your thread.

In fact, I'd call it completely disingenuous. (Or at least, not very well thought out)

#24     Oct 3, 2010
  5. I said God exists outside of space-time. Perhaps all those years of drug abuse makes you not comprehend the difference of what I said vs. what you heard.

#25     Oct 3, 2010
  6. I agree! I was just pointing out the fatal flaw in the something from nothing theory. The atheist will say that no creator is needed for the universe to have come in to existence. OK, then when they ask who or what created God, using their own theory the answer is, God didn't need a creator. God just came to be out of nothing.

#26     Oct 3, 2010
  7. Ok, I'm out.

Shouldn't have let myself get drawn in in the first place, because missionizing for atheism has no constructive value.
    I'll let Stu & 'Free Thinker' take this thread to 300 pages if they feel like it.

#27     Oct 3, 2010
  8. Religious people are extremely hypocritical about money. I rarely trust any of them, always ask a little more without receipts, and preaching usury is a bad thing at same time.

Business and religion does not mix, I stay fuck away from people talking religion and business at same time. Every time I saw bunch soldiers praying together before some hot actions in front of TV news camera, I just want to puke, same thing happen with athletes in any sports events

#28     Oct 4, 2010
  9. jem

jem

Nothing better than giving a hundred grand to an atheist stock broker.

Trust but verify or don't trust and verify -- with everyone.

#29     Oct 4, 2010
  10. Who cares?

#30     Oct 5, 2010