Atheism: Why People Don't Believe In God

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BernardRichards, Oct 5, 2009.

1. so, you really dont have any convincing evidence? if i were a believer i would have at least one thing that i could hang my hat on that i felt was iron clad.
    for instance i have at least one piece of evidence that i consider iron clad that the earth is older than 6000 years old and the bible is wrong.

#21     Oct 5, 2009
  2. You are one of those fooled my a model that comes just from the head of guy like you (Einstein, Heisenberg, etc).

Tell me: who does the pulling or pushing towards earth? Giving the word Gravity and giving an equation does give the first.

And if you believe in Einstein theory, build for me in a lab a case where 2 masses can attract each other.

#22     Oct 5, 2009
  3. You only proved that the bible is wrong. You did not prove God does not exist. I agree with you that the bible is wrong.

I have the evidence, but again I remain certain in my conviction that you will not look at it seriously, although I recognize that you seem intellectually stronger than the typically Tom and Harry I have seen around.

#23     Oct 5, 2009
  4. ok so we agree the bible is wrong. nice first step for you. lets dispense with your evidence or is it a secret?

#24     Oct 5, 2009
  5. Your demeanor in your writing (such as "nice step for you") is reinforcing my point that you would likely not look at the evidence.

In 40 days, if you are serious, I might (but cannot guarantee) share some with you. I am giving you the time to settle your mind.

#25     Oct 5, 2009
  6. you guys are funny. you always want to gain credibility in your beliefs but when challenged to prove your case you never can.

#26     Oct 5, 2009
  7. I am also an atheist. I am also interested in seeing your evidence. I have never heard of anybody who has the evidence before; you are the first. Please, do share, as you hold something nobody else has ever seen before. If your evidence is indeed true, then any preconceived notions us Atheists have should not matter. I am capable of changing my opinion if the facts support it.

#27     Oct 5, 2009
  8. You just confirmed what I wrote at the beginning: You will not look at the evidence. I am glad I am keeping things for myself. Notice that if there is any loser in this, it will be you not me.

If one day you become serious about God, use scientific rigorous methods to filter out what is not God (current Bible for instance). By a process of elimination you should get closer and closer.

#28     Oct 5, 2009
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Riskfree, I really wish you hadn't taken that evidence misstep. Now we're back to square one. I can appreciate your sentiment, though.

#29     Oct 5, 2009
  10. Which misstep? If I happen to appear sentimental, I am not. I do not care if someone believe or not in God. It is a business between that one and God. I was just sharing what I think.

I think that an Atheist is halfway towards God. He needs just to continue his process of elimination.

#30     Oct 5, 2009