Atheism under Threat: World's Most Famous Atheist Turns Apostate Converts to Theism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BernardRichards, Oct 6, 2009.

1. be my guest. this country is in enough trouble without the willful ignorance of someone like you gaining traction. that someone could actually make this statement and believe it makes me fear for our future:
    "The mathematical and metaphysical proofs are much stronger. Aristotle 2,300 years ago could prove that a creator must exist, and his proof is stronger than that of any scientific proof right now so could Newton and Pascal proof that a creator must exist based on pure logic."

#21     Oct 7, 2009
  2. Hey red neck, did you ever read the works of Averroes and Avicenna on the topic? I read the english translations.

Averroes's "most important original philosophical work was The Incoherence of the Incoherence (Tahafut al-tahafut), in which he defended Aristotelian philosophy against al-Ghazali's claims in The Incoherence of the Philosophers (Tahafut al-falasifa). Al-Ghazali argued that Aristotelianism, especially as presented in the writings of Avicenna was self-contradictory"

#22     Oct 7, 2009
    #23     Oct 7, 2009
  4. IMSTUPID

IMSTUPID

The only person vehn is trying to convince is himself, same with peil/bernardricahrds.

You do not waste this amount of time if you actually convinced yourself that a higher being is just a big facade...., i actually feel sorry for people like vehn cause he knows he is full of crap, but at the same time he is on to the fact that organized religion is false, i can only hope he is able to find peace in his life as attacking religion is all he has right now. It must be a tough realisation when you know that you are full of 100% pure unadulterated bullshit. I wish everyone was capable of looking at things with absolutely zero bias.

People who are willing to accept that they dont have a clue are the only ones who are enlightened in my opinion. No one can win this argument one way or the other... Once you realise, just as Antony Flew has realised, that you really dont understand 100% what is happening, you are liberated, then AND ONLY THEN, can you explore the possibilities with no bias. Guys like him look for meaning in the facts provided..... guys like vehn question whether or not jesus could have lived for 7.2456 hours while nailed to a cross with a diabetic condition.... LOL!!!

#24     Oct 7, 2009
  5. IMSTUPID

IMSTUPID

There is lots of science to prove religion "FACTUALLY INCORRECT" Just as there is lots of religion to prove science "FACTUALLY INCORRECT," Those who are unwilling to accept the other side as fact are the ones who are mever gonna find "meaning" in their life..... There is definately a healthy balance between both.... or maybe my handle "IMSTUPID" really proves my mental capacity, and i just went full retard...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilKntXQbmV4

Just my honest opinion....

#25     Oct 7, 2009
  6. hey stupid,that is your name,correct? seems like a good choice. name one thing.

#26     Oct 7, 2009
  7. IMSTUPID

IMSTUPID

I truly feel sorry for you.... just like most religious fanatics you are entangled by a belief which completely shuts down your entire belief system, you are so thouroughly enthroaned in your beliefs that you can not even open up to the fact that maybe something is out there that you have no knowledge of.... .... good luck in the future! I am sure everyone else who is spiritual, is just an idiot, as per your beliefs! Sorry for inconveniencing you!

#27     Oct 7, 2009
  8. hey stupid. you forgot to mention the scientific fact that religion has proven wrong.

#28     Oct 7, 2009
  9. IMSTUPID

IMSTUPID

Dont worry about it Vehn i accept you as you are..... i am not even worried about complete sentences as most people on elite trader might be, come talk to me brother vehn. Adjectives and verbs are for weiners.

#29     Oct 7, 2009
  10. stu

stu

So your personnal bias is toward "don't know" ?

#30     Oct 7, 2009