Atheism is the absolute denial of the absolute

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Aug 8, 2009.

1. jem

jem

no belief is an agnostic position.

#21     Aug 10, 2009
  2. stu

stu

misthos,
    Thanks for the clarification. I don't believe I misunderstood your earlier post , clearly I did.

Where there is no belief there is no believing. Obvious Captain.

no belief is not uncertain belief .

#22     Aug 10, 2009
  3. What's obvious is that to have an opinion you have to believe something about the subject you have an opinion about.
    It's OK that you have a belief system, however misguided. If you want to believe that one day long ago there was absolutely nothing, and then for no reason at all a universe appeared from the nothingness, and there's no real point for the universe to exist at all, it's just here, that's OK. But to take that extreme point of view and then call creationists extreme is too absurd for conversation.

#23     Aug 10, 2009
  4. volente_00

volente_00

No. An atheist BELIEVES by his or her own faith there is no GOD and accepts what goes with that belief.

#24     Aug 10, 2009
  5. stu

stu

Rubbish. One doesn’t have to believe or disbelieve to put forward obvious facts or conditions about a subject.

It may disappoint you but I don't have a belief system because you foist one onto me.
    You say I believe that.. I don't. I don't even put it forward as a belief.

If you want to believe that one day long ago there was absolutely nothing, and then for no reason at all a God appeared from the nothingness, and there's no real point for the God to exist at all, it's just here, that's OK.............too.

Do you have to believe a piano falling on your head from a 10 story building will kill you. Or is it all you need, or better, to understand the reasons why and how it will to stay clear of one?

#25     Aug 11, 2009
  6. stu

stu

If a person has no reason to believe one thing, do you think they must believe the opposite to it ? Is that as far as your understanding of things goes?

#26     Aug 11, 2009