Atheism is a or is a product of mental illness...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Apr 6, 2009.

Atheism is a or is a product of mental illness...

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. No

58 vote(s)
    82.9%
  1. Oh yes, the reasonable one...

ROTFLMAO...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=159193

#31     Apr 6, 2009
  2. Haven't you figured out yet that you traded your theism for atheism, without passing go and collecting your $200.00...

You have the same certainty, fire, and brimstone with atheism that you probably had with your theism...

When are you going to finally get back to a middle place, rather than snapping and moving to an alternate pole?

The extremists, whether they are theists or non theists, never think they are indoctrinated.

They simply cannot say "Heck, I don't really know for myself, how am I going to know for other folks?"

#32     Apr 6, 2009
  3. Many people incorrectly define the word 'atheism' to begin with, not understanding the key difference between <i>strong atheism</i> (Belief in no God) and <i>weak atheism</i> (not believing in God).

Ah, another axemonkey with the strong and weak nonsense...you remember axemonkey, right? He was the freak that said a broccoli stalk was an atheist...

:D :D :D

Which I suppose puts the other who spout such nonsense the same vegetable group...

:p :p :p

Honestly, I'd rather you didn't.

Honestly, you don't have the capacity for honesty...drug addiction constrains that normal human function...

#33     Apr 6, 2009
  4. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SsTW6Np66ig&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SsTW6Np66ig&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#34     Apr 6, 2009
  5. big difference there old deluded one. i inherited my theism from my parents and believed 50 years before i ever explored it. once i explored the evidence in depth i became a nonbeliever.

#35     Apr 6, 2009
  6. It took you 50 years to individuate and you think you aren't driven by resentment against your mommy and daddy?

ROTFLMAO...

Man, that's downright retarded mental and personal development there son...

#36     Apr 6, 2009
  7. stu

stu

You've given good reasons. Why should you or I backstage them to preference another reason, which in comparison has been made arbitrary, redundant, defunct and nonsensical by the good reasons?

There is no reason for doing that!

#37     Apr 7, 2009
  8. i dont have any resentment against my parents. the vast majority of people inherit the religion of their parents. if you had been born in a muslim country you would be just a sure the muslim religion is the correct one.
    like most christians i never even thought about it. i just went through the motions of church on sunday and work the rest of the week. it wasnt until the internet became fully developed that i had resources to do the research. cognative disonance will only work so long and then if you are intellectually honest you have to face reality. some of the weaker willed ,like you, look around for another religious security blanket. i didnt need to do that because i was able to throw off the shackles of indoctrination through a long process of enlightenment. this describes people like you to a t:

http://www.thereligiouscondition.com/e1.html
    COGNITIVE DISSONANCE

1) An individual can alter the importance of the original belief or new information. Suppose that you believe in the Judeo-Christian God. If someone presents evidence that contradicts your belief, you can alleviate the dissonance by deciding that the existence of God is not important to you or that the new information on his existence is irrelevant because the debate falls outside of human understanding. Encountering the former is rare, but we see the latter on occasion when discussing aspects of religion, particularly when an apologist for biblical inerrancy finally surrenders to the idea that the Bible might not be perfect. As one can decide that an inerrant Bible is not a necessity for believing in God, the question of inerrancy becomes moot. Note that this avenue does not necessarily resolve the discrepancy, but instead relegates it to a matter of non-importance–a move that successfully eliminates the uneasy feelings.

#38     Apr 7, 2009
  9. You are a shocking, appalling peice of crap optionalZZZ.

The sooner you come to grips with your terrible addiction, the better off we will all be.

#40     Apr 7, 2009