Atheism is a or is a product of mental illness...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Apr 6, 2009.

Atheism is a or is a product of mental illness...

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. No

58 vote(s)
    82.9%
  1. #11     Apr 6, 2009
  2. If you understand what advanced mechanics and differential equations can do.

If you've studied organic and inorganic chemistry and know the things that you can do with that.

If you can appreciate the fact that your computer components were once a pile of dirt.

Then don't you think that the odds are that all these possibilities and processes exist because a supreme power governs the universe.

If you don't then I guess you are an atheist.:(

#12     Apr 6, 2009
  3. funny thing. the vast majority of scientists who do study these things are non believers.

#13     Apr 6, 2009
  4. Many people incorrectly define the word 'atheism' to begin with, not understanding the key difference between <i>strong atheism</i> (Belief in no God) and <i>weak atheism</i> (not believing in God).

But you're not one of those people, since you already know all that... It's just another day, hard at work for the professional troll.

Honestly, I'd rather you didn't.

#14     Apr 6, 2009
  5. stu

stu

You've explained what advanced mechanics , differential equations, organic and inorganic chemistry can do, which kinda makes the need for a supreme power governing the universe largely redundant.
    cheer up :)

#15     Apr 6, 2009
  6. Vhehn, thanks for the reply, I always value your opinion.

Is it an irrefutable fact that they don't believe in a higher power or is that just something you saw on the internet?

However, I wouldn't be surprised that they didn't believe in the "talking snake" or the "sky fairy".
    :D

#16     Apr 6, 2009
  7. You've explained what advanced mechanics , differential equations, organic and inorganic chemistry can do, which kinda makes the need for a supreme power governing the universe largely redundant.
    -----------------------------------------------

That's one of the funniest things that I've ever read here on ET. Now waiting to see if anyone on this thread agrees with you.:D

#17     Apr 6, 2009
  8. nitro

nitro

I predict this thread will be at least 127 pages long.

#18     Apr 6, 2009
  9. :D

It is coming along nicely.

#19     Apr 6, 2009
  10. stu

stu

Glad you are cheered up.
    You've recognized rational and verifiable explanations for things, so you propose an irrational unexplainable unobservable imaginary reason for them.
    Don't you find that funny too?

#20     Apr 6, 2009