“The Great Global Warming Swindle” is itself a Fraud and a Swindle

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Feb 9, 2013.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

What are you talking about Ricter?

Do you think you know me well enough to know what I'm thinking or are you just making things up? I can't recall you fabricating things in your posts so excuse me if I seem genuinely surprised.

I have never said anything about my intellect or command of facts. Never.

I have pointed out stupidity when I saw it but that is it. I've never said that I was smarter than anyone here.

Between the two of us you are the one who was caught carrying on conversations with his own alias. Don't put words in my mouth or imply that you know what I'm thinking because you don't know shit.

#21     Feb 11, 2013
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Well, we are over populated.

#22     Feb 11, 2013
  3. At about 25 minutes 18 seconds into the pseudo-documentary, the video/film shows an animated cartoon of a volcano and asserts that volcanoes emit more carbon dioxide than human induced emissions. The exact quote from the pseudo-documentary is:

“Volcanoes produce more CO2 each year than all the factories and cars and planes and other sources of man-made carbon dioxide put together.”

Once again the pseudo-documentary willfully falsifies the facts. The following quote is from the U. S. Geological Survey. http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/Hazards/What/VolGas/volgas.html

Comparison of CO2 emissions from volcanoes vs. human activities.

“Scientists have calculated that volcanoes emit between about 130-230 million tonnes (145-255 million tons) of CO2 into the atmosphere every year (Gerlach, 1999, 1991). This estimate includes both subaerial and submarine volcanoes, about in equal amounts. Emissions of CO2 by human activities, including fossil fuel burning, cement production, and gas flaring, amount to about 27 billion tonnes per year (30 billion tons) [ ( Marland, et al., 2006) - The reference gives the amount of released carbon (C), rather than CO2, through 2003.]. Human activities release more than 130 times the amount of CO2 emitted by volcanoes--the equivalent of more than 8,000 additional volcanoes like Kilauea (Kilauea emits about 3.3 million tonnes/year)! (Gerlach et. al., 2002)”

Also, from a paper presented at the Geological Society of America’s 2010 meeting:
    “This anthropogenic CO2 emission rate is ~100-300 times larger than the estimate ranges for annual global volcanic CO2 release.”
    http://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2010AM/finalprogram/abstract_178855.htm

The graph above was originally posted at http://www.skepticalscience.com/volcanoes-and-global-warming-intermediate.htm The graph shows the atmospheric concentration of Carbon Dioxide as measured at Mauna Loa, Hawaii vs. Stratospheric Aerosol concentrations from volcanic eruptions.

Q. If volcanoes were the primary contributor to atmospheric carbon dioxide, why aren’t there spikes in the atmospheric CO2 concentrations that correspond with major volcanic eruptions?
    A. As per usual, the Global Warming Deniers lie about reality.

(Note: The 1980 eruption of Mt. St. Helens caused barely a minor bump in aerosols.)

#23     Feb 11, 2013
  4. 1)Really, that's what your scientists are predicting?
    Maybe you should look up a few words starting with : dupe, hyperbole,mendacious.

2) sounds reasonable but it has it's drawbacks.

3) What like soylent green?

4) Of course my 3rd question makes sense. What was the mechanism of cooling to alleviate previous warm spells? and how did we make that happen?

#24     Feb 11, 2013
  5. let me get this straight:
    1)It's your contention that the chief driver of climate change from volcanoes is carbon dioxide?

2) You think volcanic eruptions exacerbate or cause global warming?

#25     Feb 11, 2013

6. Do you know how to read? Try again.

#26     Feb 12, 2013
  7. Do you know how to make declarative statements, try again.

#27     Feb 12, 2013
  8. OK, how about this dipshit? Volcanoes have essentially nothing to do with the higher CO2 levels and the warming. Is that what you wanted?

#28     Feb 12, 2013
  9. nope , I want your statement on the effect on global weather by volcanic eruptions.

#29     Feb 12, 2013
  10. Ricter

Ricter

If only we could measure how much CO2 comes out of tailpipes and smokestacks, and knew enough arithmetic, so that we could figure out how much, if any, CO2 Man is adding to the atmosphere!

#30     Feb 12, 2013