“The Great Global Warming Swindle” is itself a Fraud and a Swindle

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

WOW, and Magna recently accused ME of being obsessed.
    Go figure.

#11     Feb 10, 2013
  2. You don't understand why a sixteen year cherry picked time span is meaningless, why should I bother when you don't understand a simple concept like that.

The models have not failed.

CO2 is proven to raise to temps on earth.

based on Antarctic ice core data, changes in CO2 follow changes in temperatures by about 600 to 1000 years, as illustrated in Figure 1 below. This has led some to conclude that CO2 simply cannot be responsible for current global warming.

Figure 1: Vostok ice core records for carbon dioxide concentration and temperature change.

This statement does not tell the whole story. The initial changes in temperature during this period are explained by changes in the Earth’s orbit around the sun, which affects the amount of seasonal sunlight reaching the Earth’s surface. In the case of warming, the lag between temperature and CO2 is explained as follows: as ocean temperatures rise, oceans release CO2 into the atmosphere. In turn, this release amplifies the warming trend, leading to yet more CO2 being released. In other words, increasing CO2 levels become both the cause and effect of further warming. This positive feedback is necessary to trigger the shifts between glacials and interglacials as the effect of orbital changes is too weak to cause such variation. Additional positive feedbacks which play an important role in this process include other greenhouse gases, and changes in ice sheet cover and vegetation patterns.

A 2012 study by Shakun et al. looked at temperature changes 20,000 years ago (the last glacial-interglacial transition) from around the world and added more detail to our understanding of the CO2-temperature change relationship. They found that:

The Earth's orbital cycles trigger the initial warming (starting approximately 19,000 years ago), which is first reflected in the the Arctic.
    This Arctic warming caused large amounts of ice to melt, causing large amounts of fresh water to flood into the oceans.
    This influx of fresh water then disrupted the Atlantic Ocean circulation, in turn causing a seesawing of heat between the hemispheres. The Southern Hemisphere and its oceans warmed first, starting about 18,000 years ago.
    The warming Southern Ocean then released CO2 into the atmosphere starting around 17,500 years ago, which in turn caused the entire planet to warm via the increased greenhouse effect.
    Overall, about 90% of the global warming occurred after the CO2 increase (Figure 2).

#12     Feb 10, 2013
  3. Here's proof CO2 can lead temps.
    Not sure if jem,lucrum,pspr,377,PT or gwb will understand the chart though. They have the republican anti-science disease.

[​IMG]

Figure 2: Average global temperature (blue), Antarctic temperature (red), and atmospheric CO2 concentration (yellow dots).

#13     Feb 10, 2013
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

More like healthy skepticism, think for ourselves, call a spade a spade disease.

#14     Feb 10, 2013
  5. Let's just suppose you convinced me.
    The pertinent questions are:
    1) So fucking what?
    2) What's the solution?
    3) What was the solution in the past, and why is that failing /going to fail now?

#15     Feb 10, 2013
  6. Ricter

Ricter

When 377 first started (again?) posting here, he was proud of his intellect and command of the facts. But primarily he wanted a chat forum and some "macho" friends, so he's had give up all that. Either that or he's just trolling you.

#16     Feb 10, 2013
  7. run away fc , run away

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cCI18qAoKq4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#17     Feb 10, 2013

8. So a third to half of all the life on earth including humans could die that's what.

Nuclear power and renewables and efficiency.

Your third question makes no sense.

#18     Feb 11, 2013
  9. I'm a Python fan. I have a Killer Rabbit sweatshirt.

[​IMG]

left to right: lucrum, pspr, jem, 377, PT and gwb.

:D

#19     Feb 11, 2013
  10. I see you pussed out and didn't answer any of the pertinent questions.

Not only that you didn't even try to pretend to answer the questions.

A politician up for re-election would have given a more relevant answer.

#20     Feb 11, 2013