ATCO baby! (really cool stuff)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Avalanche, May 27, 2003.

1. This one has been on a freakin tear ever since this article below came out. Today they got some kind of a deal with sony.

Whoosh!!!

:p

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/techinnovations/2003-05-19-hss_x.htm

exerpt: (full article above) SAN DIEGO — Rarely is an invention so unique, so visceral and so simple that in 15 seconds most people who experience it realize it could alter everyday life.

But that's what happens to just about anyone who steps out to the back parking lot of American Technology Corp. (ATC) here for a demonstration of its invention called HyperSonic Sound (HSS). (Flash graphic: Audio's next wave)

Essentially, HSS for the first time does for sound what the laser did for light — intensely focuses and channels it so it can travel great distances without dispersing. In the demo, a technician points a speaker the size of a cereal box at someone standing 100 yards away. Amid the din of the nearby freeway, the technician plays a recording of ice cubes clinking into a glass.

2. nkhoi

nkhoi

way cool, 'sound' like a very useful invention.

3. lindq

lindq

Wonderful! I suppose this means that someday soon I can go to the beach or the park without hearing some idiot's boombox blaring rap, salsa or heavy metal?

4. good news article,

thanks for bringing it to light

5. maxpi

maxpi

The guy at http://www.investtalk.com was talking about that product on his radio show yesterday. He says it has applications inside cars, etc. People in the back seat can have entirely different entertainment than the ones in the front seat, etc. Can't tell me that won't sell. Come to think of it he was talking about Sony too.

If I had that issue in my sights I would have been in at $3.80 on the 19th on the up price and volume among other things. Woulda-coulda-shoulda, I have to get out of this research and programming mode soon.

Max