At which broker have you found your edge?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ddaytrader, Jan 19, 2009.

1. I trade FX futures and do well. I have tried trading spot FX and I have never been successful trading it. I would like to take another swing at it, but I have no idea where to trade.

I therefore have a few questions for those of you who are actually trading real money accounts in spot forex and who are actually making consistent profits:

Which broker/dealer are you using?

Platform?

Fixed or variable spread?

Typical spread on EUR/USD?

Leverage (50:1, 100:1, 200:1, etc.)?

Thank you,

ddaytrader.

2. auspiv

auspiv

i have a question for you:
    if you can trade FX futures successfully, why would you want to trade spot?

3. the man is deluded like 95% here

nothing new

just another noob

4. A more interesting question is this: what is it about you, what sort of person are you, such that you derived enough pleasure from posting a response such as this that you would "waste" your time in so doing?

5. I would like to have a bit more control over position sizing than fx futures allows. I never claimed to be a heavy hitter, 10 lot trader. There are times when I would like to take a trade at less than 125k, but that is the size of one 6E. Other times, I would like to trade more than 125K, but less than 250K. Spot would offer greater flexibility in this regard.

I do not think wanting such flexibility is unreasonable. However, finding a forex dealer where the house's edge is surmountable may not be realistic.

Thank you for your response,

ddaytrader

6. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

futures fx is for hedging.

spot forex and futures is same thing

stocks is a lot easier to make money than futures in daytrading if you are capitalized

7. yeppers...in a serious reply...the micro accounts are the BEST...you can throw 1 or 2 or 3 etc. mini lots at a pair and get good results $$$...best to you

8. oh wouldn't you like to know

suffice it to say

I understand you

but you can not understand me :cool:

DARN it, I guess I will simplify for your delicate little mind

if you know how to trade FX futures, then you can trade SPOT

if you know how to trade SPOT

you can trade stocks

if you know how to trade stocks, you can trade bonds

see what I mean, are you beginning to learn grasshopper :cool:

but we both know I need to simplify even more right ??

YOU NEED TO LEARN TO TRADE

9. And I have one for you, why would you want to trade futures when you can trade a market which has better liquidity, more trade flexibility, more instruments, and is 24 hour?

#10     Jan 20, 2009