At what time you will get out before the Fed meeting?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by crgarcia, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Of course this applies only for those of us who are prudent, and will close our long positions before the Fed meeting.

Betting on a number is gambling to me.

2. sharp10

sharp10

You could put some pairs on and adjust accordingly right after the move. Got to be in if you want to get some.

Good luck.

3. lol got to be in to get some what? and what kind of pairs trade would you be putting on?

4. gaj

gaj

i'm usually done putting on new trades by 1130 am on fed announcement days, and close all positions by 1-130, preferably before. i'm 99% a day trader.

more power to those who are outstanding traders and daytrade immediately after / are position traders on the right side...i just don't like trading when i'm out of my comfort zone.

5. I won't get out at all. I will review positions the next morning, like always. Same sh**, different day.

6. Same here; just reduce the size to half or less.

7. Intraday traders usually have some wide (often wild) swings to work with this afternoon. The violent knee-jerks right after news release usually smooth out by 3pm est. From 3pm into the closing bell, there should be excellent trading conditions for intraday workers.

Not always true... some FOMC events are duds. But that is mostly the "no-change" policy expectations. This one has a lot of powder ready to be sparked, one way or the other.

8. Yep, I too use the same trading approach regardless if there's a FOMC announcement or not.

However, I do reduce my overall position size on FOMC trading days.

Mark

9. 2:14:59, when the spreads are wide as fuck

10. ass wide fuck?

This is some special tape pattern?

I thought I understand English better but ...

#10     Jan 30, 2008