At what price BP?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Swan Noir, Jun 1, 2010.

1. I think you mean buy calls or possibly sell puts.

#41     Jun 5, 2010
  2. sledged

sledged

Haaa, surrreee. You know what it would take to bankrupt BP? This is a real company in a business where every single one of us has to buy their product. This isnt a bank that doesnt create anything, this is a mega energy company. This isn't Enron. This spill is bad but not taking the company down

#42     Jun 5, 2010
  3. Humpy

Humpy

Dont know why BP doesn't tell Obummer and the rest to take a flying jump !

If they think they can do any better, I don't see them trying very hard. And just let the big mouths try

They wouldn't know where to put squat

:D

#43     Jun 5, 2010
  4. While I agree that this will not take the company down the fact that so much of BP's fate could be decided in the quasi political arena makes the calculus much more difficult.

This is not like the Exxon Valdez. The bankruptcy statutes were twisted like a pretzel in the Chrysler 11. The wall between politics and the courts has become all to blurred.

#44     Jun 5, 2010
  5. I want to see it hit the low $20's first.

#45     Jun 5, 2010
  6. No, Sell calls at your price that you want to buy.

#46     Jun 5, 2010
  7. kxvid

kxvid

I wouldn't bid BP at any price. It's an immoral company with enormous liability are reputation risk. Some of its competitors might be worth a look for cheap.

#47     Jun 5, 2010
  8. What makes BP immoral and XOM/CVX/PBR, etc "moral?"

#48     Jun 5, 2010
  9. kxvid

kxvid

Didn't say those were moral, just that BP is immoral. BP has a culture of cutting corners and ignoring employee's concerns. The Prudhoe Bay oil spill is a good example of this. The Texas City Refinery explosion is another good example of BP's negligence. Not to mention the most recent leak. People saw it coming. Did you read about Jason Anderson, who penned his will before being killed in the rig blowout fire?

#49     Jun 5, 2010
  10. drcha

drcha

Are the tobacco lawsuits any guide here? MO was not destroyed--far from it.

#50     Jun 5, 2010