At what point will theoretical physicists admit they got it wrong?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by oddsman, Aug 8, 2011.

1. oddsman

oddsman

Dark energy, dark matter, 300 billion galaxies, each with 300 billion stars, spontaneously pop into existence from a point smaller than a proton.

The equations won't balance without "dark energy" and "dark matter." And it appears all matter in the universe originated from a point INFINITELY smaller than a proton. Maybe they got the numbers wrong? Back to the drawing board fellas.

2. Seems nuclear physics was right on the money, only ended a war and powered a large portion of the developed world for 60 or so years.

They are called theories, for a reason, dickhead.

3. DT-waw

DT-waw

the universe is infinite in space and time.
    our life is also infinite. we can incarnate forever.

there is infinite abundance of everything.

every society, every religion will want you to think otherwise, that everything is limited and scarce

4. oddsman

oddsman

Yes, yes...Einstein figures out energy equals mass times the speed of light squared, so how dare a layman question current theories. Got it.

And yes, they are called theories for a reason:

Scientific Theory: A theory is what one or more hypotheses become once they have been verified and accepted to be true. A theory is an explanation of a set of related observations or events based upon proven hypotheses and verified multiple times by detached groups of researchers. Unfortunately, even some scientists often use the term "theory" in a more colloquial sense, when they really mean to say "hypothesis." That makes its true meaning in science even more confusing to the general public.

The scientific comunity made predictions based on a theory, the Hubble Space Telescope confirmed the predictions were wrong and now variables, dark energy and dark matter, have been inserted into the equations so 1 + 1 doesn't equal 3. At what point do we admit we made a wrong turn at Quantum Ave. and Gravity St. and turn this bus around? Please don't mistake this for a religious debate.

5. Eight

Eight

Generally speaking, if a theory is wrong, when new evidence comes up that doesn't fit it, the people that want to cling to it will distort all sorts of reality to make the new information fit the old theory. Sometimes they can be right, sometimes they can be wrong...

Getting people to question their assumptions seems to be the hardest thing to do. Velikovsky was good at questioning the assumptions of the conventional wisdom of physics and other areas. He wrote about the electrical nature of the universe. Bodies in space are capacitor "plates" with the best dialectric, empty space, between them. People that are espousing that idea are currently being shunned by the physics community from what I hear!! They are predicting events and showing off their theory complete with spectacular evidence and they are not allowed to speak sometimes!! What a bunch of shitheads academics are... I've run up against that same thing in the religious world. I discovered a prayer meeting where wonderful things were happening so I started telling my Christian friends about it. Instead of just going there once and seeing what it was like they decided I was in a cult and they shouldn't associate with me!!

I have a message for all shitheads on the entire planet that will not question assumptions, will not get off their lazy dead asses to check things out... it's the upraised middle digit!! See 'ya, wouldn't wanna be 'ya....

6. Is water a wave or a particle?

Why isn't time included in E=mc^2?

What is 5 chairs divided by 0 chairs?

7. Isn't capitalism based on the idea of scarce resources?

8. Our society is. Capitalism can be defined as deliberately limiting capital and resources to large segments of the population with willful intent.

Capital is deliberately limited due to the false belief in scarce resources. Since beliefs tend to become self-fulfilling, resources become scarce due to hoarding, hiding, and destruction (thereby preventing the population from acquiring those resources).

Therefore, physics principles and theories that support the idea of scarce resources are marketed, provided with capital, and perpetuated while principles based on abundance are ignored, under-capitalized, and forgotten.

E=mc^2 was supported because people don't want to believe that time is linear and forward only. Why? Because people want to believe they are immortal and can reverse time. Mathematics.