At what point do we start to panic?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jonbig04, Oct 9, 2008.

1. That sucks.

At least I get to live out my fantasy of being a real live John Conner.

#11     Oct 9, 2008
  2. It's scary, but that's where a risk taker(s) come in. We may see another leg down tomorrow, maybe Tuesday . . . but I think this is pretty much it . . . . The Fed [and other CBs] will step in . . . . . I'd think Dec 2010 or Dec 2011 calls on the S&P . . . . are a good call at 1100, 1200, 1250 . . . .

Is this armageddon (sp?). Seriously? The herds are driving the markets right now, short sale ban lifted today. . . . They are likely in for a shock . . . . Stay awake people . . . .

It's a confidence issue that needs resolution . . . . after that . . . if nothing works . . . . convert everything to gold . . . and even that may not have a lot of value . . . maybe buy some farming equipment while it's sold in currency and not any form of barter trade comps. . . .

#12     Oct 9, 2008
  3. Really? An here I thought the End would come at the Binary Millenium, 2048. :cool:

#13     Oct 9, 2008
  4. Nothing drastic will happen to make any change for most.

Theres been panic and a lot of mad sh*t talked on ET for some time - what can you expect from such a big bunch of have-nots, lefties, non-traders and also a lot of clowns who don't make much trading anyhow. Its all tedious stuff.

Not elegantly, but bit by bit as is usual for politicians and the authorites, here and elsewhere, they get around any big problems and hold things together.Things work out. Chill.

#14     Oct 9, 2008
  5. vahn

vahn

you should start to panic since last week. :) Yesterday plunge confirm the stock crash mode. it's decline, decline and decline

#15     Oct 9, 2008
  6. That's it my friend . . . the markets are plagued with stupid people right now . . . . and they are going to get burnt . . . . this is it . . . . buy now . . . . but be prepared for some stomach churning if you've got ball$ and some money to back it up . . .

#16     Oct 9, 2008
  7. Gentleman's bet . . . .

I'll buy a 1000 lots from you for Dec 2010 and 2011 S&P calls at 1100 and 1200 respectively at market . . . .

#17     Oct 9, 2008
  8. End of the world? Panic?

I went out to eat tonight and had a 20 minute wait to be seated. On the way home, drove by Home Depot and Walmart, parking lots were packed full???

#18     Oct 9, 2008
  9. Prevail

Prevail Guest

everyone is buying pop tarts.

#19     Oct 9, 2008

10. What's your point? That people are spending lots of money? Isn't that part of the problem?

#20     Oct 9, 2008