At least 18 kids dead....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Instant & ubiquitous media saturation is the only difference.
    Before this level, instant coverage was only available in certain settings where the media were already covering.
    Presidential coverage might capture an assassination or an airshow disaster, olympic terrorists etc etc .

#51     Dec 14, 2012
  2. You would need to hire the equivalent of an Air Marshal. Good idea, however.

#52     Dec 14, 2012
  3. 34% motivated by attempt to solve a problem

Attempting to solve a problem.....we shouldn't expect kids or even young adults to possess problem solving skills in these situations.

Adults, the law and School officials are inadequate or unable to solve the problem. Why is that? Perhaps the victim percieves he no rights. If he uses physical force to defend himself against threateneing words, the victim is now the agressor.

#53     Dec 14, 2012
  4. Did you see the school in nyc, the place is full of cops and the kids hit the cops, with no consequences.

#54     Dec 14, 2012
  5. :D :D :D :D

#55     Dec 14, 2012
  6. "....sight and sound of at least 100 students at Murry Bergtraum High School, located just next door to NYPD headquarters, rioting in the corridors, wrestling with officers who patrol the campus and one student punching a police sergeant in the face."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinio...t_ny_worst_high_school_ZAOl4bIuRykL1PnAOsCa5L

#56     Dec 14, 2012
  7. Quite a different story than a guy wearing kevlar with mags strapped to a molle vest. I know you have a point but you're not making it. And while I am sympathetic to the problems of the inner city; my kids go to private. Do you think the school in Newtown had that problem? Both Columbine ans Newtown are an upper middle class demo.

#57     Dec 14, 2012
  8. pspr

pspr

#58     Dec 14, 2012
  9. At least nobody died in this one.

#59     Dec 14, 2012
  10. % of the population owning guns in China?

#60     Dec 14, 2012