At least 18 kids dead....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Dec 14, 2012.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

Many people who have been here for years are pretty much settled in their way of trading, not too many interesting trading threads come out these days.

P&R is entertaining, and gives a chance to debate various issues with more or less like minded folks. We might have quite opposite political views but share interest in finance for the most part.

So these stats could be correct.

#521     Dec 19, 2012
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

It is the complete hands-off, no moderation (in theory) aspect that makes P&R unique. But I noticed some posts go missing the other day that were talking about Obama in racial terms so I guess somebody might have complained.

I was told that mods only intervene in P&R if there is a complaint. Then if the author of the offending post clearly broke the rules they might be warned or even banned.

I remember when people were banned pretty frequently. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

#522     Dec 19, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

That's certainly been my observation.

#523     Dec 19, 2012
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

Could be less mods.

#524     Dec 19, 2012
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Yeah, or maybe they've accumulated enough experience to be able to deal effectively with people without banning them.

#525     Dec 19, 2012
  6. Speaking of observations, Wasn't that 30 days without posting supposed to start immediately after your admission of defeat?

And of all the crap you could have chimed in on, you pick this- a discussion about P&R supposedly being some kind of shining star forum of the website? lol.

I think someone has obviously been having "spotlight" withdrawals, and needed their fix pretty bad :)

All the same, welcome back, Lucster, it's been pretty boring around here not hearing your bigoted remarks during the past few days that you've decided to try cold turkey.

#526     Dec 19, 2012
  7. This is very poetic, and thoughtful for you to post it. Who wrote this do you know?

It reminds me of one of my favorites, from the Cox bros.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6nAkrGskIk

#527     Dec 21, 2012
  8. He welched on the bet

#528     Dec 21, 2012
  9. pspr

pspr

I'd like to complain about all the new liberals posting the P&R. Hey Mods, ban all those quacks and fools! :p

#529     Dec 21, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

seasonal affective disorder\SEE-zuh-nul-a-FEK-tiv-diss-OR-der\

noun

: depression that tends to recur as the days grow shorter during the fall and winter

Obviously we need to ban fall and winter.

#530     Dec 23, 2012