•Swine Flu May Infect Half of Population in U.S., Kill 90,000, Study Says

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Aug 24, 2009.

1. spinn

spinn

Drs kill more people than anything other than aldohol and tobacco.......how much money do they make over a lifetime of being paralyzed.

#31     Aug 25, 2009
  2. Tide31

Tide31

Wow I didn't get pissed off that Bush's CIA guys 'scared' terrorists by telling them they were going to kill their kids and wives. But Obama's guys trying to 'scare' me into supporting his healthcare bill sure pisses me off . . .

Speaking of which, you have to read Cheneys comments on the former tonight. Basically calls Obama a wuss for investigating 'scare' tactics on terrorists. He says flat out we are doomed under Obama. Hysterical. Sorry I don't have link, sure it will be all over the place in AM.

#32     Aug 25, 2009
  3. http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2009/08/28/world/international-uk-flu-pandemic.html
    WHO Warns Of Severe Form Of Swine Flu
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Doctors are reporting a severe form of swine flu that goes straight to the lungs, causing severe illness in otherwise healthy young people and requiring expensive hospital treatment, the World Health Organisation said on Friday.
    ......"Perhaps most significantly, clinicians from around the world are reporting a very severe form of disease, also in young and otherwise healthy people, which is rarely seen during seasonal influenza infections," WHO said.
    "In these patients, the virus directly infects the lung, causing severe respiratory failure. Saving these lives depends on highly specialized and demanding care in intensive care units, usually with long and costly stays.".......

#33     Aug 28, 2009
  4. Thanks for the link above.

#34     Aug 28, 2009
  5. I guess that's the strain that killed my Bro-In-Law. He only lasted 7 days in CCU.

#35     Aug 28, 2009
  6. France ROFLMAO!
    :p

We are prone to become like the French?
    Where may I sign as a voluntary in a manned Mars mission?
    :eek:

#36     Aug 28, 2009
  7. Nanook

Nanook

#37     Aug 28, 2009
  8. I had it too and I felt it was weaker as well.The only difference is that it lasted longer then the regular flu in my case,about 2 weeks if i remember correctly where as i usually get over the normal flu in 1 week.Did you experience this as well ?

#38     Aug 28, 2009
  9. If this is credible, this is not good, to say the least.

Wow.

#39     Aug 28, 2009
  10. Of all the swine flu reported in hospitals, of that number is 15% reported (highest reported % is 15, so all other hospitals are lower) that have severe flu and go to intensive care.
    Of those people in the 15% intensive care it is showing most have something else before, like heart disease, asthma, diabetes.
    Before it was normal to have about average 25% of a population to have a flu, but this flu they think could be closer to 50%. But that is because more people have asthma, heart disease, diabetes now than before.
    So of all people with swine flu who have to go to hospital, only 15% of that group have intensive care in that hospital. And most of that 15% will recover. For now that is what is known.

#40     Aug 28, 2009