Astrology vs Stock Market Sentiments

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Sentiment Spectrum, Jul 20, 2018.

1. themickey

themickey

While not disagreeing with you, it can also be said that for the biilions of people who follow religion of one sort or another.

#41     Jul 22, 2018
  2. treeman

treeman

I do

#42     Jul 22, 2018
  3. Reasons backing up my belief that astrology has strong influences over market sentiments are that I have backtested, rolling back almost one-year, whenever there is an imbalance of planetary powers, the market stumbles. Vice versa, the planetary balances result uptrend or bullish markets.

Just wanna share some ideas among traders, thank you for sharing your views, I know it is not so scientifically-proven stuff, Think it just might help as a trading tool.

#43     Jul 22, 2018
    userque likes this.
  4. treeman

treeman

Haha. Far be it from me to tell you what to believe. Enjoy.

#44     Jul 22, 2018
    Sentiment Spectrum likes this.
  5. Arnie

Arnie

The markets are driven by emotion to a large extent. Ask an EMT or emergency room doctor or nurse if they think the moon has an impact on behavior.

Years ago CNBC (or maybe if was FNN) had a regular guest astrologer come on about once a month. His predictions were more accurate than not.

#45     Aug 6, 2018
  6. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Fin-Astro has it's place, there is no doubt in my mind. In simple terms, astrology as a whole is a form of a fingerprint... time and placement of celestial bodies. Within a human lifespan, some aspects occur frequently and other aspects are rare or extremely rare if occurring at all, within a (particular)human lifespan.

What is seldom spoken, is that astrology itself IS NOT prediction. It is tendency, particularly with regards to humans. Humans unlike other species have something called "freewill". Freewill does not negate the astrological tendencies. It merely illuminates an overwhelming interest/desire by humans to go against the grain. The trick here is that the astrological tendencies must be known, before a realization of going against the grain can be made.

The EMT worker will tell you a majority of heart attacks occur on Mondays. Also during full moons more "accidents" of all types occur. Scientifically, it's easy to say Monday heart attacks are an outcome of a return to the stresses of life, after a weekend. And full moon accidents, full moons are ingrained in a humans caveman brain, in addition to childhood folklore.

Astro affects emotions, thereby memory and sentiments. It does not predict an outcome.

Trade On!

#46     Aug 6, 2018

7. Without getting into the details or legitimacy of your hypothesis, you should be warned that "backtested, rolling back almost one-year" is almost certainly insignificant. How many trades did your backtest execute?

#47     Aug 6, 2018
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Without Pluto as an official planet, astrology is now dead. Not that it wasn't dead before Pluto's declassification, but now it is even more dead.

You'd have better luck predicting the market movements with humpback whale mating cycles, because they don't give a shit about us. Humpback whales making more calves = long long long! Woohoo!

#48     Aug 6, 2018