Astrology vs Stock Market Sentiments

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Sentiment Spectrum, Jul 20, 2018.

1. themickey

themickey

SS who is a 4 poster on ET (new to ET possibly) has opened a discussion.
    Why not let the discussion roll on, I'm not a believer of predictions nor a believer in astrology, but I do like to hear people discuss issues outside of mainstreet thinking.
    Shutting down an idea with stupid comments creates a reluctance which is counter productive.

#21     Jul 21, 2018
  2. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

Define astrology. Wait....dont.

#22     Jul 21, 2018
  3. tomorton

tomorton

Actually I think in truth it has long been recognised that astronomical occurrences coincide with stock price movements. But what I'd like to know before investing is "How?".

#23     Jul 21, 2018
  4. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

I would not accept this. Reason...most, common , repetitive, orbital, future motion is known. Question is: has it been correctly discounted.

#24     Jul 21, 2018
  5. themickey

themickey

Well I suppose it's like the old worn out TA argument.
    The critics of TA say "prove it", (which some do) but also TA critics can't get it to work for them so they assume it is snake oil for everyone.
    My observation on the subject of Astro and trading, those who are true believers are so secretive of their methods you would think they were Masonic Lodge members.
    So no matter how far the discussion goes regarding Astro & trading, you will never learn anything because of this 'secretive' attitude they have.
    Which brings on the next thought, anyone who is habitually super secretive may have something to hide - their failings.
    So not wishing to torpedo this thread, I would love to hear an open discussion on it but I'm not holding my breath that this would ever happen.

#25     Jul 21, 2018
  6. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

The non-exhaustive, uber-secretive, no google hits, fin-astro practitioners list, in no particular order.

WD Gann
    George Bayer
    Arch Crawford
    Welles Wilder
    Larry Pesavento
    Ray Merriman
    TS Philips
    countless lesser knowns

#26     Jul 21, 2018
  7. themickey

themickey

Errr, WD Gann? Credibility?
    Welles Wilder I think is also questionable.

As for the others I must confess my ignorance, dunno them and not gonna bother looking them up. Sorry.

#27     Jul 22, 2018
    Lukas V likes this.
  8. They

They

Astrology might work, there just might not be any good astrologers around.

#28     Jul 22, 2018
    themickey likes this.
  9. #29     Jul 22, 2018
  10. themickey

themickey

Yes, now this is something useful, thanks for the links.
    I then found this very recent article https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnna...-astrology-and-the-stock-market/#2a718f261343

#30     Jul 22, 2018