Astrological Theory of Markets Cycles.

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Suryananda, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Usually the cable is very good for astrological analysis.
    We have to work so much easier.

[​IMG]

#31     Jan 6, 2011
  2. Yuzuru

Yuzuru

Hi, Suryanda

I found interesting that you suggested those fine traditional western astrologers as sources... I though you were using jyotish astrology?

I saw you did an eclipse chart for London, could you tell us a little more what techniques did you use to analyse it?

best regards
    Yuzuru

#32     Jan 8, 2011
  3. Western and jyotish.
    I use Mundane Astrology, Lunar Revolutions.

The eclipses are very easy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#33     Jan 8, 2011
  4. I am open to controversial ideas and methods but, having said that, displaying a few winners here and there says nothing to a quantitative trader. I think it would be best to present results of verifiable backtests. Unless I see some performance results I think I will agree with the analysis in this blog post:

Trading Moon Phases and Related Folklore

#34     Jan 8, 2011
  5. What you displayed is not astrology, is another matter.

If you are not interested in astrology for what you talk about it?

bye-bye

#35     Jan 8, 2011
  6. Instead of replying with a bye-bye it would be more beneficial to you and to the members of this forum if you presented backtests of specific astrological methods that demonstrate an edge. I repeat again to you: showing a few charts here and there proves nothing. There are several solar and moon eclipses during a year. You have to show that market movements are correlated to those eclipses in a way that one can get a trading edge. if you cannot demonstrate that, you should say bye-bye.

#36     Jan 8, 2011
  7. alexandermerwe,

Excuse me? whether I agree with you or not, Suryananada has just as much right to post here as anybody else...

May I remind you the purpose of this thread? (see below)

Look fellah's I am far too busy to play babysitter to this thread. Please post your charts, make your calls....post freely your opinions about your views...but keep personal admonishments to a minimum and simply talk about yourselves...

If you do not like this thread...ignore it...and move on...DO NOT TRY TO TRASH IT. If there are pages and pages of debate formed here as to the validitiy of AstroTrading...I will simply delete them...Go form your own threads with the purpose of "Discussion as to the validity of AstroTrading"...you are free to do that...BUT NOT IN THIS THREAD.

ES

This thread is opened for educative purpose to help to astrotraders to analyze and predict the price movements in the market.

#37     Jan 8, 2011
  8. OK, I already understand.

I have to write a book on solar eclipses and the markets.

When the book is on Amazon I'll let you know that you buy it.

Best wishes.

#38     Jan 8, 2011
  9. Suryananda,

I think that alexandermerwe was trying to understand astrological methods (he may have pre-concieved notions)...and then fast forward to trading efficiency. Performance results are the only measure of that.

I too am guilty of confusung planetary, lunar, eclipses, moon stuff...etc with AstroTrading..

sury..you are obviously a master in Astrology. Traders would be dependent on your trade calls...it is most difficult to trade efficiently, let alone the understanding of Astrology..

So how can a trader be an independant AstroTrader?....It takes years doesn't it?

ES

#39     Jan 8, 2011
  10. Yuzuru

Yuzuru

Hi, Alexander

although backtesting can be convincing, I also think they are misleading in real life situations. I have seen my share of backtested systems that didn´t work one single time. The main problem, as always, is that the future does not repeat the past.

But, if you like them, more power to you. But I also think that there is a problem if you go demanding that other people do them to convince you. Any internet forum is just open discussion. Unless there are some rule that I didn´t read when I join the forum, members are not under the obligation to provide backtesting, nor anything else you demand of them.

to tell you the truth, I understand your point but don´t think your attitude is productive. If you don´t belive astrology you can just as well leave. If you find the idea interesting but you want proof, I am sure you can go an prove or disprove it for yourself with whatever statistical method you find useful. But to complain that other people are not using the standards that you find important is just pointless.

I would rather see the discussion flow more freely and see more examples than seeing a flaming war here.

Best regards

#40     Jan 8, 2011