Assume lets say, that you know exact date and time of Collapse

Discussion in 'Trading' started by JohnathanIII, Jan 29, 2011.

1. #51     Feb 2, 2011
  2. Do you really think that if people see fiat money collapsing in a matter of minutes that ANYONE in their right mind will sell you gold/silver for any amount of paper? If I see the USD and CAD collapsing, I would not sell an ounce of silver for 2 million dollars because the paper is worthless. Dollars will only be worth the value of a novelty or collectors item.

Your problem is the same as most peoples...you value things in dollars when you should value them in gold ounces.

#52     Feb 2, 2011
  3. You post a good point. I am counting on the fact that lot of people will be slow to react.

This thread alone shows that majority do not believe such a crash can even happen.
    Plenty of people will get screwed I have no doubt about that.

#53     Feb 2, 2011
  4. Locutus

Locutus

That's kind of silly, if the market crashes as the OP notes, dollars will become a lot more valuable (unless the companies become effectively worthless in both dollars and gold by going out of business, but that is very unlikely.

#54     Feb 2, 2011
  5. joe4422

joe4422

If you buy on a US market, you have to buy in dollars. Physical gold would be the obvious solution.

#55     Feb 2, 2011