Assume lets say, that you know exact date and time of Collapse

Discussion in 'Trading' started by JohnathanIII, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Great majority of you are as clueless as me except you act cool as if you know the answers but are too cool to share.

I appreciate some of you giving me your 2 cents. The problem is that everything is priced in US dollar, Gold, Oil, Dow Jones :)

I have decided that I must simply short USD when the time comes to maximum margin. Other plays although perhaps more profitable are more complex for me and more things can go wrong.
    The problem with puts is that I can't buy a put on Dow in another currency. Unless I am in another country and even then it would be difficult.

My source is a then childhood and school friend now banker for 20 years. He told me of the coming crash in 2011 at BBQ and told me the date and time. I love him like a brother and would never betray him. He didn't want to tell me detail because he is afraid to.

I would still be skeptical if I didn't see with my own eyes him preparing his family assets for this crash. This sobered me up real fast. We have little time to prepare. But not a whole lot.

#21     Jan 30, 2011
  2. spindr0

spindr0

Someone forgot to wear his aluminum foil hat today :)

#22     Jan 30, 2011
  3. clacy

clacy

Cold/C-kidd/Jasonm/JohnathanIII/et al,

First, welcome back.

Secondly, you are a moron if you actually called IB with this stupid question.

Last, I would have paid money to listen to that phone call...LOL

#23     Jan 30, 2011
  4. thanks buddy, i literally loled. Keep up the good work here.

#24     Jan 31, 2011
  5. Which is it. You have 4 names listed. If you are going to accuse someone at least pick one name you believe is it. Otherwise I could pick few hundred names and accuse you. Have a good day and hopefully you have some money to try to save :cool:

#25     Jan 31, 2011
  6. No problem. Have a good day. When I was younger I laughed at people more readily too. :cool:

#26     Jan 31, 2011
  7. Please post your trades so I can take the other side of them...

LOL - the video cites the National Inflation Association. LULZ. This guy in the video sounds like he's been short the past 700 points....

#27     Jan 31, 2011
  8. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

The person who created this video may have been convicted of fraud by the SEC to the tune of $1.5 million. It would not surprise me if "JohnathanIII" is the same guy.

http://briandeer.com/vaxgen/stansberry-fraud.htm

#28     Jan 31, 2011
  9. achilles28

achilles28

The coming dollar collapse will buoy US stocks, global commodities and non-USD assets and currencies. If the dollar goes toilet paper, the DJIA and S&P will not collapse. Quite the opposite. US stocks will appreciate but nowhere near metals, commodities and BRIC markets. And probably not enough to beat inflation.

Go long gold, silver, hangseng, crude, grains. Currency pairs are more an unknown - most of Europe and Japan is crippled with similar indebtedness. China is the shining star. Maybe Canadian loonie or Australian dollar for a USD short. I would play it safe and buy DOTM LEAP calls on gold, silver, crude and grains. Best bang. What is the date?

#29     Jan 31, 2011
  10. Thanks for pointing that out because I didn't know myself. It makes no difference though.

The reason it makes no difference who made the video is because I can't find flaws in his logic.
    Even if video was made by prison inmate I have no choice but to agree with his conclusions because they make sense.

Ever heard a saying by your (foster) parents. Don't judge a book by its cover but by its content. And no I am not one of those guys affiliated with that firm.

#30     Jan 31, 2011